The Delegation Director works for the Member Services team reporting to the International Director of Member Services.
The key objective of this role is to ensure that every member of the delegation (region) is maximizing membership benefits. You are the main point of contact for members in the delegation, a key source of information and in charge of ensuring members are aware of and using all tools and services available to them. The Delegation Director must ensure the implementation of global initiatives with an understanding of regional needs. Working hand in hand with all the departments, the Delegation Director facilitates the delivery of projects from Global teams such as sales, marketing and communications.
At a local level, you must work closely with Delegates in the region to champion local needs. You must understand regional and global objectives and work to create a united delegation by way of federating members, organising events/ meetings and work closely with the press office in your region. Each year, you must propose and implement the delegation action plan based on an annual budget dedicated to initiatives for domestic and delegation needs.
The DACH region currently has in excess of 50 members. The number of members does vary from year to year.
Main Activities and Responsibilities:
* Excellent understanding of each member needs and expectations from Relais & Châteaux
* Optimize member use of all services to enhance their return on investment
* Continually sharing the needs of your delegation with your superiors to ensure all services are relevant and attuned for each region
* Proposal and implementation of an annual action plan and budget for the delegation(s) subject to coordination with the International Director of Member Services and the Delegate(s)
* Organize all regional meetings such as Delegation meetings, Steering Committee (where relevant)
* Supervision of the training activities: R&C Induction, technical training (Synxis, …)
* Working closely with the network team on prospection in line with the defined international development plan and the integration of new members
* HR services: recruitment support depending on the needs of the members; partnerships with key hospitality Universities and schools to present the brand
* Work closely with the partnerships team to enhance existing global relationships and leverage them for your region and prospect new partners suitable for the brand/ delegation
* Production of editorial content concerning the members of the delegation and cooperation with the Publications Department at the Head Office in view of the different publications (i.e. Print, photo library, road maps, …)
* Support the implementation of local promotional events included in the annual action plan
* Support the press and social media office to increase brand awareness with the Director of the Communication department and International Director of Member Services
* Proof read regional language communications and marketing material when needed
* Organize showcases or brand events when relevant
* Represent Relais & Châteaux at various events to increase brand awareness
* Prepare and send monthly e-newsletter to the delegation
* Submit weekly updates to the International Director of Member Services and the Delegate(s)
Relais & Châteaux
Relais & Châteaux is established around the globe, from the Napa Valley vineyards and French Provence to the beaches of the Indian Ocean. It offers an introduction to a lifestyle inspired by local culture and a unique dip into human history.
Relais & Châteaux members have a driving desire to protect and promote the richness and diversity of the world’s cuisine and traditions of hospitality. They are committed to preserving local heritage and the environment, as encompassed in the Charter presented to UNESCO in November 2014.