LIVE TO DISCOVER, WORK TO INSPIRE
Exploring the world doesn’t have to stop when the working day starts.
At Renaissance Hotels we know your passion for discovery is more than a hobby, it’s a career.
The Renaissance Amsterdam Hotel has the position of Painter available.
What are my responsibilities?
As Painter you will be part of the Engineering department. You…
- Apply paint, stain and other finishes to property walls, ceilings, and furniture using brushes, spray guns, or rollers.
- Apply primers or sealers to prepare new surfaces for finish coats.
- Remove old finishes by stripping, sanding, wire brushing, burning, or using water and/or abrasive blasting.
- Clean up and store paint and painting tools and equipment in appropriate areas.
- Coordinate with vendor in order to modify colors of paint, stain, or varnish.
- Perform maintenance painting in and outside the hotel.
- Maintain and renew all different types of wallpaper
What are we looking for?
You were always one of those curious kids who opened every cabinet, peeked behind every door, and never ceased to ask "why" when given an explanation. Today, you bring your personal style to every experience. You live life to discover. You are passionate about your neighborhood, always looking to explore the places one wouldn’t find in a travel guide. If this sounds like you, you’re in the right place. You’ve got authentic style, natural curiosity and a warm way with people. Renaissance is not just a place to spend the night, it's a place to discover, a place in the world with style like yours. That’s why we’re not just looking for anyone. We’re looking for someone like you.
To be eligible for this position you…
- Have excellent communication skills in English and preferably Dutch.
- Have experience in painting including water based painting.
- Have a hospitable personality.
- Have to be flexible, able to work in different shifts (day, evening, weekend) and willing to perform any other duties as requested by the management.
What do you get in return?
Renaissance Amsterdam hotel is part of Marriott International and offers a competitive salary and a wide package of benefits. Each year you will have a performance appraisal. Dependent on your performance you are able to get a salary increase or a one-time bonus. In addition we offer you…
· An international, ambitious and fun team.
· Flexible working hours, easily to combine with for example your studies.
· A uniform which will be dry-cleaned by the hotel.
· Special Associate Rate discount available for Marriott products worldwide.
· Personal coaching to support you in your day-to-day job and development and training opportunities.
· A TakeCare program, which means you can participate in boot camp classes, apply for a gym against a discounted rate and sport in our own health club and follow dancing classes.
- A collective health insurance which gives you discounts on several insurances.
· Career possibilities within Marriott International.
As part of our culture we celebrate recognition and organize many social activities, such as our Associates Appreciation Week, yearly Staff party and Team outing.
Marriott is an equal opportunity employer committed to employing a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture.
- Job type
- Fulltime job
- Amsterdam, Netherlands
- Engineering & Maintenance
- Starting in
- As soon as possible