Thank you for your interest in this position. It is a job opportunity with one of Marriott International’s franchisees.
Please apply online at: https://recruiting.talentreef.com/greenwood-hospitality
Additional Information: This hotel is owned and operated by an independent franchisee, Greenwood Hospitality Group. The franchisee controls all aspects of the hotel’s employment policies and practices, including the selection and hiring process. If you accept a position at this hotel you will be employed by a franchisee and not by Marriott International.
"TITLE: Sales Manager REPORTS TO: Director of Sales & Marketing
DEPARTMENT: Sales & Marketing
Meets and exceeds revenue goals by developing new accounts and growing current hotel accounts in a profitable and win-win selling approach.
- Achieves a minimum of 90% of productivity goals and 100% of activity goals, as established by management.
- Direct Sales: Targets results-oriented high revenue potential sales calls to ensure a successful direct sales program, in accordance with goals established by department budget and marketing plan. Must have own reliable transportation and possess a valid state drivers license in order to make sales calls.
- Key Account Management: Maximizes current hotel key accounts by identifying and capturing those that offer revenue growth.
- New Account Development: Captures competitor's accounts through networking, research and reader board surveys in order to target and solicit those most probable to generate new business.
- Acquires referrals from existing accounts: Follows up on all leads within 48 hours of receipt in an effort to create new business for the hotel, and, when appropriate, sends leads to other Greenwood hotels.
- Plans and implements an on-going Targeted Account Development ""hit list"" in order to create new revenue and acquire valuable hotel contacts, and contracts.
- Continually targets and prospects for new business through telemarketing, individual creativity and innovation.
- Yield Management: Utilizes yield management techniques by profitably negotiating room rates and function space commitments in order to enhance the hotel's financial performance.
- Account Service and Management: Maintains well-documented, accurate, organized and up-to-date file management system in order to serve client and employer in the most expedient, organized and knowledgeable manner.
- Develops strong customer relationships through frequent communication and the use of professional, courteous and ethical interpersonal interaction.
- Develops customer profiles and maintains an effective trace system, including trace dates and references, in order to best meet client needs, resulting in superior account service and increased revenues.
- Promptly follows-up on all customer needs and inquiries in an efficient and expedient manner.
- Product Knowledge: Conducts research, surveys, personal investigation and studies market place and territory in order to effectively capitalize on the hotel's strengths and competitor's weaknesses and capabilities.
- Time Management: Focuses on revenue-producing activity and maximizes selling time by dedicating a minimum 90% work time on direct sales efforts.
- Professionalism: Controls expenses while traveling on the property's behalf in order to minimize department and hotel costs.
- Represents themselves, the hotel and Company with the highest level of integrity and professionalism, a service-focused approach, and a caring, sincere attitude at all times.
- Exhibits a positive and involved team attitude to all hotel departments and maintains open communications with all co-workers for the best overall performance of the hotel.
- Displays a neat, clean, and business-like appearance at all times.
- Administration: Achieves activity goals as established by management and completes all reports and assignments in an accurate and timely fashion.
- Contributes to the hotel's overall sales effort during planning and strategy phases through research and knowledgeable input.
- Arrives to work on time. Responsible for scheduled Saturday coverage.
- Community/Trade Involvement: Actively participates in those community and trade organizations that most benefit the hotel's exposure to the community and the hotel's bottom line.
- Performs other duties as assigned or deemed necessary by management.
SUPERVISORY DUTIES - None
- Materials/Equipment Used
- General office equipment: computer, typewriter, copier, facsimile, telephone, calculator, etc.
- Office environment, weather exposure when making sales calls."
- Requires knowledge of general sales techniques.
- Requires yield management experience.
- Requires highly developed customer service skills.
- Requires ability to hear, speak, read and write English fluently.
- Requires 12th grade level mathematics, spelling and reading skills.
- Requires effective business writing skills.
- Must have dexterity/mobility to meet clients on and off premises, to tour property and attend functions, to climb stairs, use door keys and operate basic office equipment.
- Vision to read fine print and computer screens, to see colors, to observe rooms in poorly lit conditions.
- Understand and follow verbal/written instructions.
- Work on more than one task at a time.
- Develop strong internal and customer relationships .
- Set and manage priorities and plan activities in advance.
- Solve problems and make sound business decisions.
- Respond to coaching, feedback and training.
- Strong and effective sales skills.
- Education/Formal Training
- Minimum of high school diploma or equivalent.
- Six months minimum in sales, customer service related position or hotel experience preferred."
This company is an equal opportunity employer.
- Job type
- Fulltime job
- Baton Rouge, LA, United States
- Sales & Marketing
- Starting in
- As soon as possible