Thank you for your interest in this position. It is a job opportunity with one of Marriott International’s franchisees.
Please apply online at: www.renaissanceclubsport.com/careers
Additional Information: This hotel is owned and operated by an independent franchisee, Leisure Sports The franchisee controls all aspects of the hotel’s employment policies and practices, including the selection and hiring process. If you accept a position at this hotel you will be employed by a franchisee and not by Marriott International.
Orange County's premier resort style Hotel and Sports Fitness club is seeking to discover an engaging individual to lead the rooms operations teams. Renaissance ClubSport is a unique concept featuring a 174-room boutique style Four Diamond Hotel, 5,500 sq. ft. Meeting Space, 75k sq. ft. Sports Fitness Club, Day Spa, Restaurant, Deli, Sports Bar and Lounge. The Sports Fitness Club includes an aquatic center featuring a 25 yard lap pool, exercise pool, adult outdoor spa and children's area, which includes a wading pool, children's outdoor spa and Splash Park.
ROOMS OPERATIONS MANAGER
Manages the execution and day-to-day activities of all operations in the rooms' area departments (Front Office, DTS, and Housekeeping) and leads the rooms' operations team. Strives to continually improve guest and associate satisfaction and maximize the financial performance of the department. Monitors compliance with standards and procedures and assists in meeting or exceeding property goals. Assists associates in carrying out guest arrival and departure procedures and maintaining the property's cleanliness and service standards.
Assistant General Manager
Front Office Agents, DTS Agents and Runners, Executive Housekeeper and Valet Operations
- Hires, supervises, trains and develops all direct reports
- Meets budget for rooms operational costs and revenue
- Reviews financial statements, sales and activity reports, and other performance data to measure productivity and goal achievement and to determine areas needing cost reduction and program improvement
- Oversees Front Office, DTS and Housekeeping staff; ensures all standards for quality, cleanliness and service are met
- Manages and oversees Valet Operations working directly with contracted vendor to ensure service and safety standards are met
- Performs hourly job functions as needed; opens and closes Front Desk shifts ensuring completion of assigned shift checklist and other duties
- Expected to participate in the Manager on Duty (MOD) weekend rotation
- Manages Guest Satisfaction systems; strives to continually improve guest satisfaction
- Manages the Navigator program , or like evolved program
- Verifies and communicates that goals and performance expectations are being translated to the team as they relate to guest tracking and productivity
- Trains and mentors associates in understanding guests' ever-changing needs and expectations, and exceeding them
- Manages and trains associates in the use of a guest information tracking system to ensure that a successful repeat guest recognition program is in use to recognize guest preferences
- Interacts with guests to obtain feedback on product quality and service levels; effectively responding to and handles guests problems and complaints
- Responsible for the pull-though of key Marriott initiatives including but not limited to Mobile Guest Services, Green Choice, Marriott Customer Care and others
- Maintain the property's cleanliness standards
- Facilitates and directs Front Office scheduling against guest and hours/occupied room goals
- Verifies that a viable key control program is in place
- Runs and reviews critical information contained in the rooms operation report
- Ensures accuracy of room rates to maximize room revenue and property occupancy
- Supervises same day selling procedures to maximize room revenue and property occupancy
- Understands the impact of Room Operations on the overall property financial goals and objectives
- Understands night audit procedures and being able to comprehend and utilize reports as necessary
- Understands and complies with loss prevention policies and procedures
- Effectively schedules associates to meet business demands and tracks associate time and attendance
- Ensures Leisure Sports Human Resources policies and employment practices are followed in all supervised departments
- Ensures compliance with Leisure Sports Hospitality, Marriott and Renaissance Standard Operating Procedures and Brand standards
- Other responsibilities or projects as assigned by the Assistant General Manager
Health Benefits (Medical, Dental & Vision), FSA (Health & Dependent Care), 401(k), Sports Club Membership, Marriott Associate Room Rate Discount and more...
Aliso Viejo, CA 92656
Thank you for discovering Renaissance ClubSport Aliso Viejo Laguna Beach!
DRIVERS of SUCCESS
- Guest Service Obsession (and ability to instill in others)
- Nurture motivation, empowerment, teamwork and continuous improvement
- Knowledge of Rooms Operations
- Rooms Yield Management Skills
- Initiative and Leadership
- Excellent Communication Skills
- Hiring, Training and Coaching Skills
- Professional, Responsible
- Organizational Skills; Ability to Multi-Task
This company is an equal opportunity employer.
- Job type
- Fulltime job
- Aliso Viejo, CA, United States
- Rooms division
- Starting in
- As soon as possible