You were always one of those curious kids who opened every cabinet, peeked behind every door, and never ceased to ask "why" when given an explanation. Today, you bring your personal style to every experience. You live life to discover. You are passionate about your neighborhood, always looking to explore the places one wouldn’t find in a travel guide. If this sounds like you, you’re in the right place. You’ve got authentic style, natural curiosity and a warm way with people. Renaissance is not just a place to spend the night, it's a place to discover, a place in the world with style like yours. That’s why we’re not just looking for anyone. We’re looking for someone like you.
- Prepare all event documentation and coordinate with sales, hotel departments, and customers to ensure consistent, high level service throughout the Pre-Event, Event and Post-Event phases of hotel events;
- Primarily handle complex/important events.
- Ensure a seamless turnover from sales to service back to sales.
- Recognize opportunities to maximize revenue opportunities by up-selling and offering enhancements to create outstanding events.
- Support and act on behalf of Event Manager in his/her absence.
- Is the event planner’s primary contact (following turnover) on property and is responsible for their experience.
- A minimum of 4 years related experience in Event Management, both in handling rooms & catering
- Effective sales skills to up-sell products and services
- Knowledge of menu planning, food presentation, and banquet and event service operations
- Strong customer development and relationship management skills
- Excellent communication and problem solving skills
- Ability to use standard software applications and hotel systems
- Strong presentation and platform skills
- Fluent in English, Putonghua & Cantonese
Marriott International is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture. Marriott International does not discriminate on the basis of disability, veteran status or any other basis protected under federal, state or local laws.
Personal data collected will be used for recruitment purpose only. Applicants not hearing from us within 6 weeks from the date of advertisement may consider their application unsuccessful.
- Job type
- Tsim Sha Tsui, Hong Kong
- Sales & Marketing
- Starting in
- As soon as possible