Responsible for analyzing and implementing strategies to achieve business requirements. The eCommerce Support Manager is responsible for developing, implementing, and maintaining tools and analysis to improve operational performance. As requested by senior management, this position will undertake special projects and analyses. Supports an environment which promotes service excellence, ensures associate engagement, and focuses on enhancing the guest experience. Ensures department goals are achieved through proactive management processes. Coordinates major initiatives, deliverables and contributes to the strategic direction of work teams.
Education and Experience
- High school diploma or GED; 2 years experience in the customer service, call center operations, or related professional area.
- 2-year degree from an accredited university in Business Administration. Hotel and Restaurant Management, Hospitality, or related major; no work experience required.
CORE WORK ACTIVITIES
Providing Exceptional Customer Service
- Supports Customer Care Contact Center associates
- Coordinates hiring efforts including recruitment, hiring, and associate support within Customer Care & Channel Support. This includes new hire and hourly promoted positions.
- Provides technical expertise and communicates information with other Centers/Business Units to ensure successful coordination of service methods.
- Considers the impact on the customer when taking action or setting policies.
- Modifies specific processes to improve customer satisfaction.
- Breaks down barriers within the department/property to provide superior customer service.
Managing the eCommerce Support Team
- Oversees eCommerce Support team of 14 Marriott.com Content Management Specialists and 10 Marriott.com Visual Quality Assurance Analysts
- Manages tasks assignments for field support team
- Supervises daily eCommerce Support operations and ensures compliance with all policies, standards and procedures.
- Ensures that regular, ongoing communication is happening within the eCommerce Support department. Ensure staff is kept informed regarding new company initiatives, promotions, enhancements, Marriott.com releases, policies, etc. Continually communicates a clear and consistent message regarding departmental goals to produce desired results.
- Participates in project updates during the weekly conference call with the eCommerce team.
- Creates Personal Development Plans (PDP's) with team members to enhance their individual performance and job satisfaction.
- Manages personnel related activities of the Content Management & Visual QA team including completion of performance evaluations, coaching, documenting, disciplinary action, monitoring attendance, etc.
- Actively identifies opportunities to develop members of their work teams on new technology and software, as well as, supports their professional development.
- Facilitates department and team meetings to disseminate new policies and procedures.
- Acts as facilitator and advisor to department service teams and problem solving teams, ensuring the training and completion of objectives.
- Leads associate communication efforts, ensuring successful communication of procedural and service issues.
Supporting Profitability and Revenue Goals
- Reviews staffing levels to ensure that project deadlines, operational needs and financial objectives are met.
- Monitors service levels, supports initiatives and achieves department goals established for all Marriott Brands by all channels.
- Prepares for anticipated changes due to trends in theory and practices in one's professional discipline.
- Examines trends in volume; adjusts department staffing and schedules as necessary to meet service level requirements.
- Ensures the department achieves our budgeted goals and makes recommendations for changes and cost saving opportunities.
Supporting Human Resources Activities
- Verifies incentive qualifiers eligibility and submits to Payroll each period.
- Promotes associate engagement by conducting regular stay interviews/rap sessions with associates.
- Supports the Management Development Readiness Program (MDRP).
- Applies new developments to improve organizational performance or service.
- Develops department policies to support process changes and initiatives.
- Provides support for escalated support needs via telephone and email and ensures proper resolution of each, including direct contact with stakeholders when necessary. Effectively responds to and handles problems and complaints.
- Manages the communication of trends via prepared reports to the appropriate personnel, as well as corporate headquarters and other service centers.
- Each associate is expected to carry out all reasonable requests by management which the associate is capable of performing.
- Job type
- Ko Samui, Thailand
- Sales & Marketing
- Starting in
- As soon as possible