Assists with supervising food and beverage/culinary daily operations. Responsibilities include ensuring guest and employee satisfaction while maintaining the operating budget. Ensures standards and legal obligations are followed.
Education and Experience
• High school diploma or GED; 3 years experience in the food and beverage, culinary, or related professional area.
• 2-year degree from an accredited university in Food Service Management, Hotel and Restaurant Management, Hospitality, Business Administration, or related major; 1 year experience in the food and beverage, culinary, or related professional area.
CORE WORK ACTIVITIES
Assisting in Managing Day-to-Day Operations
• Assists in the ordering of F&B supplies, cleaning supplies and uniforms.
• Supervises daily F&B shift operation and ensures compliance with all F&B policies, standards and procedures.
• Supports and supervises an effective monthly self inspection program.
• Operates all department equipment as necessary and reports malfunction.
• Supervises staffing levels to ensure that guest service, operational needs, and financial objective are met.
• Encourages and builds mutual trust, respect, and cooperation among team members.
• Develops specific goals and plans to prioritize, organize, and accomplish your work.
• Celebrates and fosters decisions that result in successes as well as failures.
• Communicates areas that need attention to staff and follows up to ensure understanding.
• Coordinates cleaning program in all F&B areas (including General clean), identifying trends and making recommendation for improvements.
• Follows property specific second effort and recovery plan.
• Stays readily available/ approachable for all team members.
• Demonstrates knowledge of the brand specific service culture.
Ensuring Exceptional Customer Service
• Provides services that are above and beyond for customer satisfaction and retention.
• Serves as a role model to demonstrate appropriate behaviors.
• Manages day-to-day operations, ensuring the quality, standards and meeting the expectations of the customers on a daily basis.
• Takes proactive approaches when dealing with guest concerns.
• Sets a positive example for guest relations.
• Stays readily available/ approachable for all guests.
• Reviews comment cards and guest satisfaction results with employees.
• Responds in a timely manner to customer service department request.
• Provides information to supervisors and co-workers by telephone, in written form, e-mail, or in person.
• Analyzes information and evaluates results to choose the best solution and solve problems.
• Performs hourly job function if necessary.
• Extends professionalism and courtesy to team members at all times.
• Comprehends budgets, operating statements and payroll progress report.
- Job type
- Los Angeles, CA, United States
- F&B other
- Starting in
- As soon as possible