Thank you for your interest in this position. It is a job opportunity with one of Marriott International’s franchisees.
Please apply via email at: email@example.com
Additional Information: This hotel is owned and operated by an independent franchisee, PCH Hotels and Resorts, Inc.. The franchisee controls all aspects of the hotel’s employment policies and practices, including the selection and hiring process. If you accept a position at this hotel you will be employed by a franchisee and not by Marriott International.
The Strategic Business Leader of the Engineering department. Position has overall responsibility for building and protection, guest and associate satisfaction and the financial performance of the department. Position oversees the development and implementation of departmental strategies and ensures implementation of the brand service strategy and brand initiatives. The position ensures engineering operations meets the brands target customer needs, ensures associate satisfaction and maximizes the financial performance of the department. As an executive committee member, develops and implements hotel-wide strategies that deliver products and services to meet or exceed the needs and expectations of the hotels target customer and property associates. Ensures long term asset protection and effectively manages capital expenditures to maximize the return on investment to the owner and PCH Hotels. Position may have responsibility for grounds landscaping and maintenance.
• High School Diploma or equivalent required - Bachelors’ Degree preferred
• Certifications as required to comply with local and national codes (candidates should be able to obtain one of the following certifications: Certified Engineering Operation Executive (CEOE) or Facilities Management Administrator (FMA) from BOMI Skills And Knowledge
• Extensive knowledge of building trades electrical, mechanical, HVAC, plumbing and general building practices
• Knowledge of facility regulations and safety standards (OSHA, EPA, ADA, CFC, NFPA)
• Knowledge of purchasing, inventory controls, supplies and equipment
• Knowledge of overall hotel operations as they affect department
• Ability to creatively execute against the strategy and drive results can originate and invent new ways to create a unique guest experience and maximize revenue
• Ability to take constructive action without relying on directions from others
• Ability to exercise flexibility rather than rigid adherence to procedures in order to accomplish goals
• Effective decision-making skills can choose a course of action amongst options involving uncertainty or risk
• Strong problem-solving skills encourages new innovative solutions when appropriate
This company is an equal opportunity employer.
- Job type
- Mobile, AL, United States
- Engineering & Maintenance
- Starting in
- As soon as possible
- Duration of the contract