Thank you for your interest in this position. It is a job opportunity with one of Marriott International’s franchisees.
Please apply via online at: https://careers-jqh.icims.com/jobs/12201/executive-chef/job
Additional Information: This hotel is owned and operated by an independent franchisee, Atrium Hospitality. The franchisee controls all aspects of the hotel’s employment policies and practices, including the selection and hiring process. If you accept a position at this hotel you will be employed by a franchisee and not by Marriott International.
Atrium Hospitality is a leading hotel and asset management company, overseeing a portfolio of 84 hotels in 30 states licensed primarily through the Marriott, Hilton and Intercontinental brand families. We strive to bring to life a culture that promotes the four simple values that drive our business: Perseverance, Respect, Service, and Teamwork.
To supervise food preparation of all food outlets of the hotel ensuring standards are maintained as set forth by management.
- Supervise food preparation staff: hiring, terminations, disciplinary actions, performance evaluations and development.
- Schedule all employees under his/her supervision, maintaining adequate staffing levels while adhering to labor standards guidelines.
- Supervise all cooking operations, including methods, portioning, and garnishing. Ensure attractive presentation of all food and dishes.
- Plan meals and develops menus.
- Assist the AGM Food and Beverage and sales staff with banquets, parties, and other special events.
- Requisition food and equipment, giving specifications, quantities and quality descriptions.
- Monitor budget and assists AGM - Food and Beverage in developing annual operating budget. Assist in maximizing revenues and profits.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Must be able to prep food products, using standardized food preparation techniques.
- Apply principles of rational systems to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagrammatic, or schedule form.
- Compute discount, interest, profit and loss; commission, markups and selling price; ratio and proportion, and percentages. Calculate surface, volumes, weights and measures.
- Read and understand instructions, safety rules, etc. Write reports with proper format, punctuation, spelling, and grammar, using all parts of speech. Speak with poise, voice control, and confidence, using correct grammar.
- Determine time, place, and sequence of operation or action to be taken; Supervise through determining or interpreting work procedures for a group of workers, assigning specific duties, maintaining harmonious relations and promoting efficiency.
Graduation with certification from a culinary institution required.
Minimum two (2) years experience as Sous Chef. Two (2) years kitchen supervisory experience with three (3) years kitchen operations experience including at least one (1) year in a lead cook position, and one (1) year in a steward position; OR, an equivalent combination of education and experience.
Benefits and EEO
- Full-time associates are eligible for the following benefits:
- Paid Time Off
- Medical Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Short-term and long-term disability
- Company paid life with employee paid supplemental options
- Matching 401-k with immediate vesting for eligible participating associates
- Company Hotel Travel Discounts
Working for Atrium Hospitality offers more than a great job; it offers the ability to make a difference in a meaningful way every day. Whether you are a recent graduate, new to the industry, or an experienced professional, Atrium provides extraordinary opportunities for growth and competitive compensation and benefits in an exciting, customer-centric workplace.
Atrium Hospitality is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer
Minorities/Females/Individuals with Disabilities/Protected Veterans
Click here to view EEO is the Law
This company is an equal opportunity employer.
- Job type
- Fulltime job
- Glendale, AZ, United States
- F&B other
- Starting in
- As soon as possible