Thank you for your interest in this position. It is a job opportunity with one of Marriott International’s franchisees.
Please apply online at https://www.hospitalityonline.com/jobs/1506204-front-desk-agent?source=talent-point
Additional Information: This hotel is owned and operated by an independent franchisee, Magna Hospitality. The franchisee controls all aspects of the hotel’s employment policies and practices, including the selection and hiring process. If you accept a position at this hotel you will be employed by a franchisee and not by Marriott International.
Efficiently, courteously, and expediently welcome, handle check in, check out, and bid farewell for all hotel guests ensuring their comfort and satisfaction, adhering to the hotel standard required. Efficiently and courteously provide cashiering related service. Efficiently and courteously provide information and maintain excellent relations at all times.
HOTEL VALUES: This description of responsibilities is simply intended to provide basic guidance to outline a minimum standard of performance.
The hotel values a LOU attitude, where an employee is encouraged to Lead, take Ownership, and deal with situations of all kinds with a sense of Urgency. While this document describes the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this job, we encourage and expect our team to go above and beyond the minimum standards at all times to show concern and care for the guest, co-workers and managers. The hotel believes in a culture where team members help each other, and work together in an environment where the most important task is providing exceptional service to guests, at all times.
As a result, this is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of people in this job.
What you will be doing
- Welcome guest upon arrival and check-in according to established standards and procedures.
- To handle all keys, mail, telephone, messages, and other items for guests as requested.
- To provide information and to assist all guests
- To provide courteous and efficient service and if possible to comply with each and every guest request.
- To take reservations at the counter when the reservation department is closed.
- To assign room and prepare keys for all arriving guests and groups.
- Maintain excellent guest relations with in house guests at all times.
- Post all charges without delay and update the folios.
- Balance credit cards, charges, and cash.
- Project a courteous and hospitable attitude at all times.
- Be familiar with all room types, and rates in the hotel and upsell.
- Handle guest complaints promptly.
- Know guest room security, emergency, and fire procedures.
- Be familiar with hotel facilities as well as major city attractions and provide guests with information when requested.
- To keep Personal Grooming at the highest standard.
Education and Experience:
- Previous experience in a similar customer service position is required.
- Position requires a varied work schedule that may include evenings, nights, and weekends.
- Computer skills.
- Paid time off
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Retirement benefits or accounts
- Employee discounts
- Flexible schedules
- Workplace perks such as food/coffee and flexible work schedules
This company is an equal opportunity employer.