Thank you for your interest in this position. It is a job opportunity with one of Marriott International’s franchisees.
Please apply online at : http://smrtr.io/81FAYw
Additional Information: This hotel is owned and operated by an independent franchisee, Colwen Management, Inc. The franchisee controls all aspects of the hotel’s employment policies and practices, including the selection and hiring process. If you accept a position at this hotel you will be employed by a franchisee and not by Marriott International.
Assistant General Manager
250 2nd Ave, Waltham, MA 02451, USAFull-time
Are you interested in joining one of the largest and fastest growing hotel companies in the Northeast United States? Do you want to join an organization that recognizes your contributions and hard work? Do you want to be part of a company where you have the ability to develop and grow your career? If so, then look no further than Colwen Hotels!
At Colwen Hotels, we are on the lookout to engage the best and brightest hospitality professionals in the industry to join our incredibly service-driven and focused team. Our award-winning properties are made up of passionate, dedicated and energetic individuals who provide exceptional service to both our guests and their fellow associates. We approach each and every day with a can do attitude and what we like to call stick-to-itiveness that provides a level of service that creates memorable experiences for our guests. Equally as important, Colwen Hotels is committed to sustainability, responsibility and stewardship in the communities where we work and grow.
Colwen Hotels is part of a fully integrated organization that designs, builds, owns and manages branded and independent hotels in markets across the Northeast. With more than twenty operating hotels and nearly twenty more in various stages of construction and development, it is a very exciting time to join our team!
The Residence Inn/Fairfield Inn in Waltham opening Fall 2018, is seeking a hands on dynamic Assistant General Manager with a strong operational background. This person will be responsible for the day to day operation of the hotel with an emphasis on associate and guest relations, development of people, financial results and quality assurance. This is a great career opportunity with excellent growth potential.
- Recruit, interview and hire associates for assigned hotel(s)/Meet regularly with General Manager and Human resources to review staffing, morale and any disciplinary situations/investigations
- Assist in new associate orientation and onboarding
- Train and support all associates and ensure performance in accordance with established hotel brand/Colwen standards
- Adhere to all Colwen and brand standards
- Compliance with Federal & State Labor laws
- Ongoing review of staff to ensure adherence to established policies and procedures
- Participate in monthly reward and recognition meeting /celebrate hotel and associate achievements
- Establish and maintain open collaborative relationships with direct reports, team members and partner General Managers and Assistant General Managers
- Coach and support hotel team to effectively manage occupancy, rates, wages and controllable expenses
- Oversight of housekeeping and engineer functions
- Assist in oversight of Sales, Marketing, Food and Beverage, Front Office, and Guest services
- Tour and inspect property on a daily basis and monitor for property cleanliness, safety and security, product quality and exceptional service throughout
- Identify areas of concern and develop strategies to improve performance
- Recognize service issues and trends. Facilitate creative solutions to overcome obstacles and insure continuous guest satisfaction results
- Participate in sales and marketing process as well as ongoing community involvement
- Maintain a strong knowledge of local market(e.g.: demand generators, competitor strategy and community impact/involvement opportunities)
- Active participation in budgeting and forecasting to maximize hotel revenue and profits
- Perform technical and administrative duties, including, but not limited to; Profit and Loss Statements, Analysis, Yield Management, Capital Planning and Payroll
- Ongoing financial reports review to analyze budget, revenue and profitability targets and take action as needed
- Balance cost controls with exceptional customer service and associate satisfaction
- Supervisory experience in the Hospitality/Hotel industry
- Some Food and Beverage background
- ServSafe certification (within 60 days of hire if not certified)
- Strong Leader of people
- Proficient in English language.
- Intermediate to advanced computer skills (experience with xx systems)
- Familiar with common computer software programs
- Must be willing to work holidays
- May require overnight stays
- Some work in office
- Must be willing to work varied hours
- Colwen Hotels offers a comprehensive rewards and compensation package for eligible associates that includes:
- Opportunities for advancement and career growth
- Warm and supportive work environment
- Competitive Wages
- Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance
- Company-funded Health Reimbursement Account
- Flex Spending Account
- Voluntary Life Insurance
- Short Term and Long Term Disability
- 401(k) retirement plan with Employer Match after one year of employment
- Paid Time off Programs
- Holiday Pay
- Jury Duty Leave and Bereavement Leave
- Hotel Discounts
- Colwen Hotels is an equal opportunity employer. EOE M/
This company is an equal opportunity employer.
- Job type
- Waltham, MA, United States
- Starting in
- As soon as possible