What an opportunity we have at the Residence Inn by Marriott Edinburgh for those looking to add to their Hospitality career! We are looking for a Front of House Manager to join our fantastic team in our bustling Hotel! This Front of House Manager role will be the number 2 in the Hotel and will be looking after the Rooms Division, F&B Outlet and also get to dabble with some of the Groups and Events side of the business! Read more below to find out about the amazing opportunity!
You will be assisting the Hotel Manager in administering all aspects of the Hotel from Rooms all the way to Food & Beverage where on a daily basis you will be supervising our fantastic associates. You will be positioned to really make an impact on the Hotel and the business we do as you will report directly and work alongside the Hotel Manager. The main aim of our game is to ensure that all of our guests have a fantastic stay, our employees love working for us and that we live by our mission of making Marriott the world's favourite travel company!
Ideally someone with previous experience working in Front of House Management, but this could be a Senior Supervisor looking to make the next step
A proven track record in meeting targets and deadlines
Excellent leadership and organisational skills
Ability to lead, manage, motivate and develop a small & diverse team
Excellent communicator at all levels
Strong commercial awareness and business acumen
Excellent customer service skills and the ability to inspire the same in others
Financial understanding e.g. management of departmental P&L and KPIs
Main role and objectives:
As the Front of House Manager, you will be responsible for recruiting, training and inspiring a passionate team to deliver an truly brilliant guest experience. You will work in a modern and prestigious environment where professional development is nurtured and great service is rewarded.
- Ensuring the smooth running of the Front of House departments (Reception, Nights, Food & Beverage) on a day to day basis with effective communication within and between departments
- Actively champion and promote guest satisfaction
- Ensure the effective management of payroll and other operating costs in line with budget
- Ensure that we live by the Company Ethos and adhere to Brand Standards
- Set and agree departmental objectives in line with hotel objectives , and communicate these through the departmental strategic plans, ensuring all targets are met within the agreed timescales
- Actively driving revenue generation
- Aid Multi Property Sales Leader with group reservations on property including, building the rate codes, compiling rooming lists and allocating the rooms as required
Working a the Residence Inn by Marriott Edinburgh isn't just a great place to work, it's a fantastic career opportunity. You will be on the front line of making decisions and guiding the strategy to ensure that we do not just succeed, but we are the leaders in the Hospitality Industry. So if you think that you would be perfect for this role, please apply today!
- Job type
- Fulltime job
- Edinburgh, United Kingdom
- Rooms division
- Starting in
- As soon as possible