Thank you for your interest in this position. It is a job opportunity with one of Marriott International’s franchisees.
Please apply via email at - mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org
Additional Information: This hotel is owned and operated by an independent franchisee, Summit Hospitality Group, Ltd. The franchisee controls all aspects of the hotel’s employment policies and practices, including the selection and hiring process. If you accept a position at this hotel you will be employed by a franchisee and not by Marriott International.
- Knowledge and practical experience in food service and beverages.
- Knowledge of commonly used hardware and software programs for revenue and cost management of F&B services including but not limited to Excel, Word, Sales Pro, Report Writing, Data Management, and Hospitality theft and security monitoring systems.
- Knowledge of major franchiser F&B operations including Marriott requirements for Residence Inn and Courtyard Raleigh Crab tree.
- Self-confident, eye for detail, self-motivated.
- People/Associate management/recruitment/training skills and problem solving abilities.
- Vendor relationship skills including cost analysis, negotiating short/long term contract proposals, and contingency/emergency planning.
- Experience reporting to property management and senior corporate management.
- Willingness to travel to other corporate properties as needed for temporary duty.
- Brand management awareness relating to guest satisfaction and local/regional property marketplace identity.
- The expectations of this position require a 50 hour work week which includes weekends/evenings (Saturday and/or Sunday). Hours beyond 50 per week, must be approved in advance by your Supervisor. This only applies to associates who are non-exempt.
- Advocate service excellence and teamwork to meet and exceed Guest Satisfaction benchmarks for franchisee and SHG business model standards.
- Manage all F&B outlets (Restaurant, Breakfast, Room Service, Catering & Lounge).
- Assess and understand local market trends and actively solicit new business and increase revenues in all areas of F&B.
- Report and record all activities regarding revenues and cost controls in collaboration with General Manager and Assistant General Manager.
- Perform inventories to assess hotel needs based on occupancy & weekly functions. Utilize information gained to place F&B orders.
- Provide End of Month inventories for P&L Statements.
- Train and mentor F&B Associates for growth and development within the values and business culture model of Summit Hospitality Group.
- Work directly with General Manager and Assistant General Manager to ensure adequate resource planning to meet the seasonal needs for staffing of F&B Associates.
- Ensure company Policies and Procedures are followed. Enforce company safety/security policies.
- Record and maintain all required customer, Associate, vendor and company reports.
- Cost control for Food & Beverage.
- Develop and update Menu offerings
- Research, implement and adhere to Marriott Brand Standards
- Coordinate team members for food service coverage and step in when necessary to prepare menu items and ensure quality & timely service for guests.
- Train and mentor Associates regarding performance standards and guidance for growth within the company organization.
- Manage daily operational meetings as applicable to Food & Beverage.
- Actively seek out opportunities for efficiency through sharing resources between managed hotels (excess food utilization, cross training/scheduling team members).
- Duties are subject to change and additional responsibilities/tasks may be assigned as needed.
- Work Environment Includes: Hotel property, all Food & Beverage outlets. Occasional travel to other corporate properties for training, relief duty, and corporate meetings.
- Flexible work schedule
This company is an equal opportunity employer.
- Job type
- Raleigh, NC, United States
- F&B other
- Starting in
- As soon as possible