Thank you for your interest in this position. It is a job opportunity with one of Marriott International’s franchisees.
Please apply online at : www.TexasWesternHospitality.com
Additional Information: This hotel is owned and operated by an independent franchisee, Western International. The franchisee controls all aspects of the hotel’s employment policies and practices, including the selection and hiring process. If you accept a position at this hotel you will be employed by a franchisee and not by Marriott International.
Our business is booming. Which is to be expected. After all, with a team like ours, success comes pretty easily. That's because our associates are -- hmm, how can we put this in a way that doesn't sound overly cocky -- the best on the planet.
Texas Western Hospitality, and managing partner Western International, own and operate over thirty select service, full service and extended stay hotels all carrying Marriott, Holiday Inn and Hilton flags. We currently operate hotels throughout Texas, Arizona, and North Carolina. We have several properties under construction which will open in the near future.
Texas Western Hospitality flies only the best flags, builds only the best hotels and employs only the best of managers. This simple, yet proven strategy has allowed us to deliver exceptional results to all of our stakeholders; investment partners, owners, associates and customers alike.
A Sales Manager supports the function of the sales office and sells hotel guestrooms, and a small meeting room through researching, developing and aggressively soliciting new business and maintaining direct client contact to maximize total rooms revenues and profits.
- Establishes client base of organizations, associations, social groups, and corporate businesses through direct outside and inside sales, in order to secure business for the hotel.
- Ensures that predetermined sales expectations are met or exceeded.
- Manage daily schedule to achieve 25% strategic administrative time and 75% tactical sales execution time.
- Conducts tours, answers questions for walk-in and call-in customers directing them to other sales staff members if appropriate.
- Develops and maintains relationships with key clients in order to produce group and/ or convention business.
- Documents all sales activities into Sales Pro in a timely and accurate manner.
- Negotiates guest room rates, meeting room rental, and hotel services within approved booking guidelines. Confirms agreements in writing and forwards document to client and affected hotel departments.
- Conducts tours of the hotel and meeting room; entertains qualified potential clients in accordance with company and property policies and procedures.
- Forecasts and accurately records and all bookings and cancellations.
- Assists the Director of Sales with the implementation and achievement of the Sales Marketing plan.
- Actively participates in various industry networking groups. This includes but is not limited to attending local and regional events and conventions, and developing relationships with meeting planners and decision makes for the association/government agencies.
- Actively participates in weekly Revenue calls.
- Spends a majority of time each week away from hotel conducting outside Sales calls and Sales Blitzes.
- Provides administrative support to the Sales team/office.
- Meets with F&B staff daily to review catering summary (if applicable).
- Responds quickly to guest requests in a friendly manner. Follows up to ensure guest satisfaction.
- Maintains a professional image at all times through appearance and dress.
- Meets with planners after their event to discuss success of event, deficiencies, etc. and to re-book business.
- Follows company policies and procedures and is able to effectively communicate them to subordinates.
- Fulfills Manager on Duty shifts.
- Other duties as assigned by supervisor or management.
- Education/Experience: High School diploma or equivalent. A minimum of two years work experience in sales field is preferred. Special consideration will be given to those who exhibit exemplary performance.
- Certification and/or License Requirement: Alcohol awareness certification as required by local or state government agency.
- Interpersonal skills.
- Sales/negotiating abilities.
- Attention to detail.
- Computer Skills.
- Planning and organizational abilities.
- Working Conditions:
- Will be required to work nights, weekends and holidays.
- Will be required to work in fast paced environment.
- Reports to: Director of Sales, General Manager, or Regional Director of Sales
- Three years of hotel sales or more demonstrating the ability to achieve greatness in the role of hotel sales manager.
This company is an equal opportunity employer.
- Job type
- Fulltime job
- Seattle, WA, United States
- Sales & Marketing
- Starting in
- As soon as possible