Account Director Leisure (010125)
Job Number: 010125
Job Title: Account Director Leisure
Number of Positions: 1
Job Type (Employment Type): Permanent Contract
Category/Department: Sales / Marketing / Public Relation
Rank/level of position: Director
Years of Experience: 5
The Rezidor Hotel Group, one of the most dynamic hotel companies in the world and a member of the Carlson Rezidor Hotel Group, is looking for an Account Director Leisure for UK, Ireland and Western Europe, based in Madrid.
This position will drive revenue and market share growth for global, area & regional hotels through the focus on a selected portfolio of existing and new Leisure accounts. She/he will develop knowledge of each account, its pipeline, seasonality and strategic focus and create consultative selling approaches to maximise the commercial opportunity for CRHG. She/he will review the scope of the account portfolio on an ongoing basis and agree new opportunities (and removals) with the line manager.
She/he will report to the Senior Director – Online Distribution, Leisure and Airline.
• Develop and manage a portfolio of new & existing Leisure clients across the area (UK, Ireland, France, Belgium, Spain, Portugal); research, identify and establish new business sales contacts whilst developing relationships and revenue opportunities from existing clients
• Demonstrate a growth in production revenues and market share with the account base, whilst minimising costs of sale
• Implement focused strategies for account development in order to penetrate accounts and communicate to all internal stakeholders
• Undertake regular meetings and activities with managed accounts and ensure they have the knowledge to grow business and revenues
• Organise and host client events and familiarisation trips, to enhance relationships and build client knowledge
• Support the opening strategy of Leisure-focused hotels and Resorts within the region and organise joint activities and account development with relevant accounts
• Lead and manage sales blitzes with key hotels to visit managed accounts and deliver key information
Position Requirements and Offer Details
Knowledge & Experience:
• You have at least eight years business experience of which at least five in a client-facing role with revenue responsibility
• You have professional working proficiency in English, French and Spanish. Knowledge of Arabic is an advantage
• You have an in-depth understanding of the market and customers, with a data-driven focus on optimising market share and minimising costs of sale
• You have a clear view of who the key players are you need to spend time with both internally and externally, being insightful about the needs of others and adapting your own style accordingly
• You have the interpersonal skills and confidence to pro-actively seek out new relationships and host client events
• You love influencing others, you are an ambassador by default of the things you believe in. You are passionate and enthusiastic about establishing and managing a portfolio
Hotel or Business Details
The Rezidor Hotel Group is one of the fastest growing hotel companies worldwide and a member of the Carlson Rezidor Hotel Group, one of the world’s ten largest hotel groups. Rezidor features a portfolio of more than 427 hotels in operation and under development with over 94,500 rooms in 69 countries. Rezidor operates the brands Radisson Blu and Park Inn by Radisson in Europe, the Middle East and Africa, along with the Club CarlsonSM loyalty program for frequent hotel guests. In early 2014 and together with Carlson, Rezidor has launched the new brands Radisson Red (lifestyle select) and Quorvus Collection (luxury). Rezidor has an industry-leading Responsible Business Programme and was awarded one the World’s Most Ethical Companies by the US think tank Ethisphere.
Since November 2006, Rezidor is listed on the Stockholm Stock Exchange (REZT).
Carlson, a privately held, global hospitality and travel company, based in Minneapolis (USA), is the majority shareholder.
The Corporate office of the Rezidor Hotel Group is based in Brussels, Belgium.
For more information, visit www.rezidor.com
- Job type
- Fulltime job
- Madrid, Spain
- Sales & Marketing
- Starting in
- As soon as possible