Revenue Manager (008744)
Job Number: 008744
Job Title: Revenue Manager
Number of Positions: 1
Job Type (Employment Type): Permanent Contract
Country: South Africa
Salary Interval: Per Month
Category/Department: Revenue Management
Rank/level of position: Manager
Level of Education: Some College
Years of Experience: 3
Application Date: 25/10/2017
To maximise the hotels’ rooms revenue by effectively using Revenue Management tools, ensuring ideal inventory levels at all times, and ensuring a correct price positioning. The job incumbent is a leader, persuasive, proactive, and achieves results through their team. This person is responsible for managing, leading and motivating the Reservations team. All work will be in line with The Rezidor Hotel Group guidelines and service concepts.
Position Requirements and Offer Details
• Maintain accurate levels of inventory, based on forecasted demand
• Uses effective restriction methods in periods of high demand
• Setting Yield controls in the PMS / CRS systems based on the forecasted demand in order to ensure maximum revenue potential and RPP performance in conjunction with the hotels’ overall performance objectives
• Ensures a correct rate positioning in each segment and for each season
• Tracks and monitors price sensitivity
• Ensures a continuous analysis of the competitor’s rates in each segment and presents at least quarterly during the revenue meeting
• Keeps an up-to-date knowledge of all main competitors
• Monitors of competitor pricing / strategies and gathering and analysing of market intelligence through the use of systems available
• Reviews key demand periods to maximise RevPar and profits through effective consideration of cost of sales
Hotel or Business Details
Park Inn by Radisson Polokwane is situated in Polokwane City (formerly Pietersburg) is the capital city of Limpopo, the northern most province in South Africa. The city is 300km NW of Johannesburg accessible through the N1.
The hotel is situated in the Capricorn region of Polokwane. stretches from the Westerberg, all along the foothills of the lush Wolfberg, to the Tropic of Capricorn in the north. The region’s position makes it a perfect stopover between Gauteng and the northern areas of the province and between the country’s north-western areas and the world-renowned Kruger National Park.
It is in close proximity to the neighboring countries of Botswana, Zimbabwe, Mozambique and Swaziland. The tourism hot spots of the region are Bela-Bela hot springs (formerly Warmbaths), Nylsvlei Nature Reserve and Bela-Bela Recreational Centre.
The hotel is located to the South of the city centre, along the existing Polokwane golf course and across the road from the new Peter Mokaba sports stadium.
The hotel offers easy access to the CBD, as well as the Greater Polokwane Region incorporating new business, industrial and leisure areas.
- Job type
- Polokwane, South Africa
- Revenue Management
- Starting in
- As soon as possible
- Duration of the contract