Sales Executive (005944)
Job Number: 005944
Job Title: Sales Executive
Number of Positions: 1
Job Type (Employment Type): Permanent Contract
Country: South Africa
Salary Interval: Per Month
Category/Department: Sales / Marketing / Public Relation
Rank/level of position: Line Employee
Level of Education: Two-Year Degree
Years of Experience: 2
Application Date: 13/07/2017
The Sales Executive is responsible for, approaching potential clients with the aim of winning new business; Sales Executives work to maintain good relationships with existing clients, gaining repeat business wherever possible. As well as to assist the Director of Sales in the hotel’s active and aggressive sales team initiatives, and maximizes the overall revenue of the hotel by assisting the Director of Sales in the revenue generating activities in accordance with the sales business plan.
Position Requirements and Offer Details
• listening to clients’ requirements and presenting appropriately to make a sale;
• maintaining and developing relationships with existing clients in person and via telephone calls and emails;
• cold calling to arrange meetings with potential customers to prospect for new business;
• responding to incoming email and phone enquiries;
• acting as a contact between the hotel and its existing and potential markets;
• negotiating the terms of an agreement and closing sales;
• gathering market and customer information;
• representing the hotel at trade exhibitions, events and demonstrations;
• advising on forthcoming hotel events and discussing special promotions;
• creating detailed proposal documents, often as part of a formal bidding process which is largely dictated by the prospective customer;
• liaising with clients to check the progress of existing bookings;
• recording sales calls and order information and sending copies to the DOS, or entering figures into the system;
• reviewing your own sales performance, aiming to meet or exceed targets;
• gaining a clear understanding of clients' businesses and requirements;
• liaising with the revenue team in making accurate, rapid cost calculations and providing customers with quotations;
• feeding future booking trends back to the sales and revenue team;
• attending team meetings and sharing best practice with colleagues.
Hotel or Business Details
Park Inn by Radisson Polokwane is situated in Polokwane (formerly Pietersburg) the capital city of Limpopo, the northern most province in South Africa. The city is 300km NW of Johannesburg accessible through the N1.
The hotel is situated in the Capricorn region of Polokwane. stretches from the Westerberg, all along the foothills of the lush Wolfberg, to the Tropic of Capricorn in the north. The region’s position makes it a perfect stopover between Gauteng and the northern areas of the province and between the country’s north-western areas and the world-renowned Kruger National Park.
It is also in close proximity to the neighbouring countries of Botswana, Zimbabwe, Mozambique and Swaziland. The tourism hotspots of the region are Bela-Bela hot springs (formerly Warmbaths), Nylsvlei Nature Reserve and Bela-Bela Recreational Centre.
The hotel is located to the South of the city centre, along the existing Polokwane golf course and across the road from the new Peter Mokaba sports stadium.
The hotel affords easy access to the CBD, as well as the Greater Polokwane Region incorporating new business, industrial and leisure areas.
- Job type
- Polokwane, South Africa
- Sales & Marketing
- Starting in
- As soon as possible
- Duration of the contract