Job Number: 013924
Job Title: Storeman
Number of Positions: 1
Job Type (Employment Type): Permanent Contract
Country: South Africa
Salary Interval: Per Month
Category/Department: Finance - Accounting & Controlling
Rank/level of position: Line Employee
Level of Education: Some College
Years of Experience: 2
Application Date: 06/06/2018
The Storeman maintains all necessary incoming inventory supplies, in accordance with hotels operational requirements and that all transactions are accurately recorded on a timely basis, and within the policies and procedures as outlined within the hotel and corporate policies and guidelines.
Position Requirements and Offer Details
TASKS, DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Material Handling/ Stores Assistant
• Issue requested consumable materials from stores, recording such transactions on the MC Systems
• Issue and receive back requested loaned M&E stock by departments
• Assist with the reception of material deliveries, helping to ensure that the advised quantities of the correctly delivered items coincide with purchase order.
• Reporting on discrepancies or quality concerns to the Purchasing Manager.
• Assist with marrying of advice notes and purchase orders delivering the same purchase department on a daily basis.
• Refill all chemicals and liaison with team leaders to refill items that have been used. Record such issues on the system.
• Provide assistance in completing cleaning duties of all store rooms.
• Assist with maintaining all material handling equipment is kept clean and tidy
• Deliver and collect materials as required
• Apply experience and share ideas on improving procedures both in Materials Control and across the hotel.
• Stock Taking of Main Stores
LAWS, REGULATIONS AND POLICIES
• Follows all applicable laws relating to general accounting practices and tax regulations
• Complies fully with the set financial reporting deadlines and guidelines, as outlined in ECOMAN and by the Financial Controller and Purchasing Manager
HEALTH AND SAFETY
• Maintains high confidentiality in regards to confidentiality
• Reports any suspicious behaviour of employees to the Financial Controller and Security
• Ensures that all potential and real hazards are reported appropriately immediately
• Fully understands the hotel’s fire, emergency, and bomb procedures
• Follows emergency procedures to provide for the security and safety of guests and employees
• Supports a safe hotel by applying hotel regulations, and adhering to existing laws and regulations
• Maintains the highest standards of personal hygiene, dress, uniform, appearance, body language and conduct
• Responsible Business: show involvement and be interested in environmental and/or social issues by participating in Responsible Business hotel and departmental activities
• Ensures that self is familiar with in-house facilities to assist guests and promote sales
• Informs and updates the Purchasing Manager on problems and unusual matters
• Attends meetings and training required by the Financial Controller
• Assists colleagues when needed
• Ensures guest satisfaction by performing duties such as attending to their requests and inquiries courteously and promptly
• Accepts flexible working schedule when necessary for the hotel’s uninterrupted service
• To always be updated on:
- Hotel facilities and special promotions
- Marketing promotions
- Laws relating to own field of responsibility
- Union agreements
• Stays abreast of current and new industry technology relating to function
• Performs required duties and responsibilities in a timely and efficient manner to achieve the overall objective of the position
• Maintains a favorable working relationship with employees and colleagues to promote a cooperative and harmonious working climate
• Projects a favorable image of the Radisson Hotel Group to the public
Hotel or Business Details
Park Inn by Radisson Polokwane (formerly Pietersburg) is the capital city of Limpopo City, the northern most province in South Africa. The city is 300km NW of Johannesburg accessible through the N1.
The hotel is situated in the Capricorn region of Polokwane. stretches from the Westerberg, all along the foothills of the lush Wolfberg, to the Tropic of Capricorn in the north. The region’s position makes it a perfect stopover between Gauteng and the northern areas of the province and between the country’s north-western areas and the world-renowned Kruger National Park.
It is also in close proximity to the neighbouring countries of Botswana, Zimbabwe, Mozambique and Swaziland. The tourism hotspots of the region are Bela-Bela hot springs (formerly Warmbaths), Nylsvlei Nature Reserve and Bela-Bela Recreational Centre.
The hotel is located to the South of the city centre, along the existing Polokwane golf course and across the road from the new Peter Mokaba sports stadium.
The hotel affords easy access to the CBD, as well as the Greater Polokwane Region incorporating new business, industrial and leisure areas.
- Job type
- Polokwane, South Africa
- Starting in
- As soon as possible