Richemont owns some of the world’s leading luxury goods Maisons, with particular strengths in jewellery, fine watches and premium accessories. Each Maison represents a proud tradition of style, quality and craftsmanship and Richemont seeks to preserve the heritage and identity of each of its Maisons. At the same time, we are committed to innovation and designing new products which are in keeping with our Maisons’ values, through a process of continuous creativity.
At Laureus North America, We are proud to employ talent from many different backgrounds, experiences, and identities. We believe that when diversity and inclusion are fully embraced and empowered, creativity and knowledge emerge to deliver excellence. We continue to work towards creating a workforce that represents the diversity of our clients and our communities.
NATIONAL DIRECTOR/EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR
The mission of Laureus Sport for Good Foundation USA (Laureus USA) is to improve the lives of youth and unite communities through the power of sport. As part of the global network of Laureus Sport for Good (LSFG), Laureus USA represents the majority of LSFG’s work in North America, with responsibility for fundraising and programmatic delivery of the organization’s activities in the key market of the USA and a role in wider North America. The development of Laureus USA and the expansion opportunities that exist for its work, require the creation of a National Director role to drive its ongoing success and sustainable growth. Reporting to the Board of Laureus USA and with a separate reporting line to the Chief Executive of LSFG Global, the National Director will assume day-to-day leadership and management responsibility for Laureus USA and will be responsible for the delivery of a strategy ensuring it adheres to its mission, delivers against its goals and stays true to its values.
- Collaborate with Laureus USA Board, Laureus Global Chief Executive and other stakeholders to develop and oversee an operational plan for Laureus USA to deliver against the National and Global Strategy, and set priorities for programmatic strategies and implementation
- Ensure accountability for effectiveness of programs and maintain high standards for excellence
- Identify proposed delivery actions with metrics and ensure operational goals are tied back to overall Strategy.
- Develop and oversee the risk management framework and other necessary processes and policies to ensure Laureus USA’s long-term robustness
- Take overall responsibility for organizational sustainability through the creation of new revenues and sustaining of existing partnerships
- Develop and refine as necessary the case for support for Laureus USA to ensure annual and multi-year funding is secured
- Ensure compliance, regulatory and any other obligations with regard to Laureus USA’s fundraising initiatives and commitments are defined and upheld
- Steward ongoing relationships with donors
- Build a strong, diverse and inclusive culture
- Manage, develop and motivate all staff to carry out the Strategic plan and individual events and campaigns as efficiently as possible
- Oversee staff development and progression to ensure high performers are motivated, rewarded and retained
- Ensure Laureus USA’s application processes are fit for purpose (including but not limited to due diligence protocols, anti money laundering and management of reputational risk, safeguarding etc)
- Monitor and evaluate use of all Laureus USA funding and ensure it remains mission-aligned
Operations and Compliance
- Ensure all policies and contracts are in line with the mission of Laureus USA and also comply with high standards of law and regulations of all relevant bodies and regulators
- Ensure Laureus USA upholds the highest standards of reporting, and fully meets its reporting commitments to donors, auditors and regulators
- Ensure understanding or hold a willingness to learn the policy and emerging political and legislative issues at the various local, state and national levels which will affect Laureus USA’s social impact activities
Communication and Relationship Building
- Build strong, respectful, and productive relationships with all Board members and staff
- Manage the coordination and administration of Board meetings
- Provide regular updates to the Board
- Communicate with a clear, articulate, and persuasive style both orally and in writing
- Effectively communicate Laureus USA’s social impact interests and values to diverse stakeholders
- Engage with Laureus USA’s stakeholders, including grantees, staff, thought leaders, industry peers, government entities, and partner organizations
Financial Oversight and Governance
- Work effectively with the Board on all financial matters, including annual budgeting, financial planning and appropriate governance.
- Establish and maintain good governance while ensuring compliance with 501(c)(3) and other appropriate nonprofit law/regulations
- Undergraduate degree desired, though the right level of experience at similar organizations may be accepted in lieu of this
- Demonstrable sector experience, training or advanced degree desirable in business, sports business, fundraising, public policy, philanthropy, or international development
- 7-10+ years of experience in a senior management/progressively senior role at a similar organization in the sport and/or nonprofit sector
Candidates for the role must demonstrate:
- Commitment to the mission and goals of Laureus USA
- Strong business acumen and sound judgment with a track record of senior leadership in a mission-driven organization
- Experience working effectively and collaboratively with a Board of Directors or other volunteer leadership group
- Successful track record of nonprofit revenue development including individual, foundation, corporate and special event fundraising
- Ability to operate with high personal and professional integrity and transparency with commitment to ethical standards
- A record of success initiating, cultivating and sustaining strategic partnerships
- A track record of successful communicating with people from all backgrounds
- Experience in managing the governance of a 501(c)(3) nonprofit or similar youth-serving organization
- The ideal candidate will have experience of the sports and/or nonprofit sectors
4. COMMITMENT TO DIVERSITY, EQUITY & INCLUSION
Laureus USA is committed to ensuring that all applicants are provided with equality of opportunity and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, retaliation, parental status, military service, other non-merit factor, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate.
Other suggested jobs
USEH International Inc
The St. Regis Washington D.C.
Casino Barrière de Trouville
Interested in this opportunity?