The story of Cartier is founded on audacity and passion. For more than 170 years we have embraced a bold, pioneering spirit that continues to inspire our teams across all Métiers from our boutiques to our workshops and corporate offices. Our 8,500+ colleagues of 90 nationalities are united by a shared independent spirit and commitment to excellence, striving to continuously enrich our Maison’s heritage by pushing the boundaries of creativity.
At Cartier North America, we are proud to employ talent from many different backgrounds, experiences, and identities. We believe that when diversity and inclusion are fully embraced and empowered, creativity and knowledge emerge to deliver excellence. We continue to work towards creating a workforce that represents the diversity of our clients and our communities.
Our objective is to create the most exceptional client experience with the most productive environment and team. Doing so with consistency across the network – giving our clients a unified experience throughout North America while enhancing our client development opportunities. To do so, we operate in an appointment recommended model, allowing us to provide clients with the best possible boutique experience, including personalized product curation, attention, and services for their creation.
The Operations Coordinator contributes to the overall commercial success of the boutique by upholding Maison compliance and achieving operational excellence. In a highly dynamic and collaborative environment, the Operations Coordinator is responsible for managing all aspects of the day-to-day processes, including key administrative support for transactional activities, financial compliance, logistics, inventory control, and effectively supports the implementation of policies and procedures.
Operational excellence / compliance
• Ensure proper understanding and execution of all Maison policies and procedures within the boutique; champion and influence compliance among the broader team
• Coordinate efficient opening and closing procedures
• Ensure proper movement of product in/out of boutique including, but not limited to shipments, transfers, consignments, and movement throughout the boutique while maintaining quality control and preventing stock losses
• Consistently demonstrate excellent care and proper product handling, and follow appropriate packing, shipping, and receiving procedures particularly for high value creations
• Monitor financial aspects of boutique sales; ensure daily transactions and proper paperwork are submitted to respective corporate teams timely and accurately
• Support other transactional flows (ecommerce, etc.) to ensure efficient business operations and seamless client experience
Coordinate inventory control processes (e.g., daily/weekly/monthly counts and stock movements) to ensure a successful annual inventory
• Uphold Cartier standards within the boutique environment, including but not limited to maintenance, third party vendors, tools and technology, equipment, etc.
• Partner with client-facing teams to manage the boutique supply inventory including replenishment needs for sales and hospitality areas, as well as back of house; manage the order process and support Lean/5S strategies for optimal storage organization
• Assist with care service responsibilities as needed (e.g., the client repair flow, execution of reports, and monthly inventory/reconciliation)
• Support overall success of boutique audits; partner with management to implement and execute action plans
• Participate in daily set up and break down of boutique for opening/closing as needed
• Exhibit strong communication and problem-solving skills by partnering effectively with boutique management and peers
• Assist with special projects as needed
• Consistently reach and aim to exceed all KPIs
Maison / industry knowledge
• Develop fundamental brand knowledge to convey Cartier heritage and values
• Remain current on all industry news, local/global competition, and connection to community
• Share and collaborate with region and network peers on operational best practices
• Uphold the Cartier standards with the ability to project an approachable and professional image in personal appearance, manner, and demeanor
• Contribute to a positive and productive boutique environment by leveraging both personal and team savoir-faire to always create a highly collaborative network both in person and via telephone
• Elevate the level of operational excellence and ensure all day-to-day processes are effective and efficient (e.g., boutique organization, workflow, etc.); collaborate with management to provide ideas and solutions to client-facing teams
• Be open and willing to take on transversal duties to support the broader team beyond the scope of everyday responsibilities
• Demonstrate Cartier competencies and behaviors; foster transparency with colleagues and management by sharing feedback and information
• Embrace and integrate diverse perspectives
• Be an active member of the network Operations co
• Associate’s or Bachelor’s degree preferred
• Additional language skills are a plus
• Previous operations experience in luxury retail, service or hospitality industry is a plus
Technical skills / abilities
• Excellent computer skills and use of technology
• MS Office experience required; SAP knowledge preferred
• Additional language skills are a plus
• Must be available to work retail hours (including weekends) and travel for trainings as needed
• Ability to work in a fast-paced, evolving environment
• Excellent analytical, organizational, and interpersonal communication skills are required
• Strong understanding of client service needs and priorities (internal and external)
• Frequent moving of packages and product
• Strong attention to detail with the ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously with accuracy and precision
• Collaborative approach with ability to foster a united work environment with a “can do” attitude
• Intellectual curiosity and passion for learning
*This job description may not be inclusive of all assigned duties, responsibilities, or job aspects described and is subject to amendment as needed at the sole discretion of the employer
Expected hourly range: $20 to $25.34 (overtime eligible)
Please note, salaries will be negotiated based on relevant skills and experience.