Richemont owns some of the world’s leading luxury goods Maisons, with particular strengths in jewellery, fine watches and premium accessories. Each Maison represents a proud tradition of style, quality and craftsmanship and Richemont seeks to preserve the heritage and identity of each of its Maisons. At the same time, we are committed to innovation and designing new products which are in keeping with our Maisons’ values, through a process of continuous creativity.
RLG Europe B.V., Amsterdam, is home to Richemont regional functions and 8 Richemont brands that work to support retail and wholesale, marketing and communication for the BeNeLux and Scandinavian region. The offices also provide a platform for European E-commerce and a Customer Relations Centre.
Mandate of the job is to translate complex business transactions into accurate and compliant accounting, while explaining these to stakeholders in simple language. Not afraid to crunch numbers in SAP, execute a variety of operational tasks, and be our subject matter expert in retail back office accounting. Besides closing the books, your focus is on optimizing processes to free up time to work on new challenging projects.
HOW WILL YOU MAKE AN IMPACT?
The jobholder supports both the local Sales business teams and the RLGE Swiss Branch Amsterdam logistics teams with activities on all aspects of Transport and Customs management.
• Transport booking and carrier management for all transport ex Amsterdam (RLGE and Benelux/ Scandinavia) Support the carrier selection process and implements Supplier Performance management as per Richemont policies and directives. Finds new transport solutions when new business situations arise. Works with Local Security and European Transport and Compliance Manager to ensure all shipments under their scope are carried out carried out correctly and compliantly. Manages exceptions and tracking correctly to ensure timely delivery and solving problems where necessary. Contacts with customer service of our carriers and the various Richemont brands to ensure smooth lead-times and communication. Ensures SLAs with Brands for transport ex Amsterdam are met. Arranging ad-hoc transports for valuables, events as requirement by the Local Business.
• Responsible for all CITES administration from Amsterdam on behalf of RLGE BV : to Apply for CITES Certificates at the CITES office. Maintaining and guarding safety stocks, registration in Excel. Communication with CITES office where necessary.
• Responsible for all return document to Switzerland and all other relevant customs documentation for import/export activities. This includes creating returns and corresponding proforma invoices for return flow to central distribution in Switzerland. Contacts with local Richemont brands where necessary and direct point of contact with the Import/Export Team in RID (Richemont International Distribution). The jobholder is also the key point of contact with Dutch customs for all queries and be required to visit or communicate with other Customs authorities in the region as needed.
• Ensures full transport administration for transport carriers. Ensure correct invoice booking to the correct cost allocation, support in the preparation of Transport Budget. Ensure full claim management processes are correctly applied in collaboration with Local Finance and Security
• Ensuring that the Transport & Customs aspects of RLGE/Benelux &Scandinavia compliance roadmap is defined and implemented with the support of the European Transport & Compliance Manager. Ensures targets and timelines are correctly met. Alerts the European Transport & Compliance Manager immediately on any non-compliant activities. Finds solutions either autonomously or with support of Management/Compliance Manager
• Works on business partnering approach with Local Brands. Works to ensure business needs are identified and met. Identifies areas for joint improvement in line service levels and business needs which are defined with Brands.
• Ad- hoc support for Local and European projects, boutique openings, integration of new activities, supplier review activities (e.g. external warehousing suppliers for non-valuables)
HOW WILL YOU EXPERIENCE SUCCESS WITH US?
• Education level: Higher vocational educational background or work experience equivalent preferably in logistics.
• Minimum of 3-5 years working experience in logistics, preferably in B2C.
• Excellent knowledge of transport and customs is required, in particular with high degree of working knowledge of CITES
• Advanced knowledge of Dutch and English language, spoken and written fluent/mother tongue
• Advanced knowledge of MS Word, Excel.
• Preferably good working knowledge of SAP.
• Feeling for/affinity with luxury goods and the transport, customs and security challenges associated with these movements.
• English fluent in spoken and written
• Dutch would be an advantage
• Professional communication skills with high levels of integrity and diplomacy
• Proactive attitude & problem solving
• High level of accuracy and detail orientation
• Team player who can see the bigger picture and end to end view
• Commercial understanding and customer focused approach
HOW DO WE KEEP YOU SMILING?
We offer you a great international environment with strong professionals in the field. Grow and develop your knowledge
in Payments and Anti-Fraud Analysis and get a deep overview of the market and our online operations. You will benefit from extensive fraud training, a fun and flexible working environment and the chance to be a part of a rapidly expanding
We also offer a competitive salary to reward your efforts and a supportive environment.
YOUR JOURNEY WITH US:
If your application is selected we will reach out to you within 1 month for an informal introductory call. In the interview process with us, we always ensure you have complete insight and transparency. If this sounds stimulating to you, we are happy to hear from you and hopefully welcome you to our team.
Richemont is an equal opportunity employer.