Richemont owns some of the world’s leading luxury goods Maisons, with particular strengths in jewellery, fine watches and premium accessories. Each Maison represents a proud tradition of style, quality and craftsmanship and Richemont seeks to preserve the heritage and identity of each of its Maisons. At the same time, we are committed to innovation and designing new products which are in keeping with our Maisons’ values, through a process of continuous creativity.
At Richemont North America, We are proud to employ talent from many different backgrounds, experiences, and identities. We believe that when diversity and inclusion are fully embraced and empowered, creativity and knowledge emerge to deliver excellence. We continue to work towards creating a workforce that represents the diversity of our clients and our communities.
PRIMARY DUTIES & KEY RESPONSIBILITES
Repair Activity 50%:
- Overseeing repair activity for a multi-brand or one single team of watchmakers/ Technicians in order to meet the quality and the productivity objectives. It includes 10-15 people in average with direct management and hierarchy link.
- Participating to repair activity production personally by:
- analyzing repair guarantees and multiple returns in order to maintain watchmaking knowledge and use those opportunities to make the team member grow
- Proceeding to QC (as per current process or unplanned linked to improvement actions plan for the group or any identified individual team member)
- Ensuring client demands are handled in a professional manner in close collaboration with all company departments.
- Perform tasks following accepted industry standard procedures for product repairs
Technical Operations 25%:
- Implementing the rules of repair prioritization, and allocate accordingly the work to the watchmakers/technicians or for some high-volume brands supporting supply matching team in charge of allocation process.
- Participate and lead Daily production meeting (technical production meeting, WIP meeting and daily kick offs with the teams to balance resources
- Contribute to daily or necessary frequency of flexing resources to support any other group/Maison’s performance as per decisions taken during the WIP meetings.
- Provide Management coverage for peers (planned or unplanned) and oversee the basic operations management of the duration as per instructions provided by upper management.
- Participate and lead monthly quality /ongoing improvement meetings and follow up on actions.
- Ensure adherence of team and self to established SOP’s and Brand policies related to all technical (diagnosis and repair) and administrative processes, examples as follow:
- Ensure adherence to brand policy for repair and diagnosis.
- Ensure adherence to allocation prioritization and allocation.
- Ensure adherence to consumables/ spare parts and tools fulfilment process.
- Ensure the use of Branded or group tools to provide quality feedback (defective components, incorrect packaging, etc.)
- Ensure weekly audits as per defined standards in the workshop.
- Ensure adherence to brand policy for repair and diagnosis.
- Participate/assist to any operations enhancement projects (local or group initiatives): project will be led by project manager but operations insights might be necessary and assistance for roll out of any new process will be necessary
HR, Performance Management & Employee Development 25%:
- Lead by sharing and demonstrating through your behavior the company policies and procedures in a positive manner.
- Reinforce, support and explain company policies and internal RTC procedures.
- Time management: time sheet approval, time off approvals, staff scheduling, and attendance tracking, and addressing any associated attendance issues for direct reports. Ensure that minimal defined coverage is maintained for operations.
- Motivate team and individuals through on- going recognition and feedback on improvements related to customer experience, quality and productivity.
- Maintain healthy working relationship with team members, understand individual motivators and assist with providing guidance for areas of improvement.
- Schedule and hold regular touch points with team members on individual performance and quantitative objectives (at least once a month). Objectives are defined every FY in PMP and reviewed if needed during midyear process: (Lead Time, Repair Warranty, Productivity)
- Monitor day to day individual performance to plan and drive individual accountability (including also a minimum of a monthly touch point with team member to share the figures + PMP & midyear process)
- Capture non-production exceptional time as per pre-defined categories
- Hold accountability and participate into creation of actions plans in partnership with project Manager to implement/roll out any actions decided (new process, allocate time for employee training, …)
- Individual training plans will be determined by Training department which is in charge of liaising the plan with the different Maisons. The brand/multiband supervisors will assist Training Manager to roll out individual training plan for the team and give insights on the struggles/needs of the team member to the training manager, examples:
- branded training (locally or in Switzerland)
- performance driven training
- Watchmaking Degree
- 3-5 years of experience in Production or CS environment as a watchmaker /technician
Technical Skills / Abilites:
- Management experience with preference to High volume/ and or luxury environment and the proven ability to develop and mentor staff.
- Relevant experience in Production or CS environment, ability to do all functionality of watchmaking and technical support.
- Horology Functional Knowledge
- SAP experience is preferred (in particular CS Richemont module)
- Good interpersonal skills.
- Clearly communicates verbally and in writing.
- Must display a high level of maturity, poise, and finesse to work with luxury and exceptionally demanding clients.
- Quick learner who can absorb extensive information on our brands’ history, product technical specificities.
- Confidence and technical agility to learn and use multiple applications and systems; ability to multi-task on a daily basis between those tools.
- Flexible and available to work within a Monday thru Friday schedule.
- Working Holidays and weekends can be occasionally required.
- Over time occasionally required based on business needs.
- Responsible for opening and closing facility based on a weekly schedule.
- Self – motivated, high energy level, with a passion to exceed business goals and improve existing processes.
- High level of ownership, accountability and initiative.
- Must exhibit sound business judgment, demonstrate professional behavior, and possess a high tolerance for change management.