UK Country Manager
About the job
Since Watchfinder & Co. was first founded in 2002, it has grown to become the premier resource from which to buy and sell premium pre-owned watches. With thousands of watches available from more than 50 brands, including Rolex, Omega, IWC and more, plus boutiques across the UK and a manufacturer certified service centre, Watchfinder has established itself as the top pre-owned watch specialist.
Founded nearly twenty years ago in the UK, Watchfinder & Co has earned its reputation as the preowned expert in buying, servicing, selling and part-exchanging preowned luxury watches. It is also now a fast growing, global company – with our HQ in the UK, and teams and businesses in France, USA, Germany, Italy, Switzerland, and HK SAR.
Watchfinder’s success to date has been down to the skills, hard work and determination of the brilliant and diverse group of people we have hired across the globe.
Right now, we're seeking a talented and agile leader to head up our UK region with a strong track record for client development. This is an incredible opportunity to take our ambitious 2022 plans to the next level by taking ownership of this market supported by all the HQ support. We’re looking for a versatile leader, with the ability to work independently, take ownership and accountability. You have strategic understanding and the ability to analyse the UK market, create a growth plan and execute. You’re also a product enthusiast with an entrepreneurial spirit and a serious appetite for growth.
The main objective is to develop brand equity of the UK Market, attract and develop local clientele, drive sales, and set up distribution network in the region/market. Accelerate profitable business growth and brand desirability, orchestrate the 360° engagement plan, and enable the transformation of digital and client centricity in the local organization, excellently execute the agreed strategy, build a winning team and organization, and establish a close liaison between Headquarters and the local functions.
- Lead Watchfinder’s business in the UK. Drive overall strategy, execution, operations, and growth of this important part of Watchfinder’s strategy
- Full ownership and accountability of the leadership and management of the e-commerce & Retail operations, including the monthly P&L financial performance for the country.
- You will also be responsible for setting the roadmap and action plan for Trade-In Partnerships and new business development opportunities within the market.
- Drive sales & KPI’s according to monthly, quarterly, and annual targets
- Produce business operating plan, financial forecasts, and performance reports on a weekly, monthly, and quarterly basis.
- Responsible for the day-to-day people management, driving and monitoring performance, and developing sales teams in a high-performing and professional sales environment. You will take a key role in driving change and acting as an ambassador for Watchfinder both externally and internally.
- Ensure pipeline generation, coverage, and conversion targets are met. Take a key role in the local demand management process and work closely with marketing to plan and execute activities required to meet pipeline generation and sales targets.
- Communicating with stakeholders on a day-to-day basis to communicate commercial and operation activity within the region.
- Lead on the planning and preparations of local marketing and PR activities such as events to support sales activities.
- Work closely with our centralized marketing and PR team to report on activity in the region. Feeding back the performance to drive the direction and activit
- Build high performing teams: Attract people with a winning attitude to succeed; develop and drive individual and team performance through an open feedback culture. Responsible for identifying top and rising talents and developing them in collaboration with HR and HQ.
- Provide leadership and direction for the teams ensuring they have clarity and are enabled to successfully drive and support the overall company direction.
- Set individual objectives and KPI’s, provide guidance and conduct regular appraisals of team members, ensuring the proper development of personnel and supporting the growth of talents
- 5 to 10 year’s experience heading up Client Development and Commercial/Business Development in a fast-moving luxury/digital/e-commerce/online business.
- Strong Retail/ Commercial/ Omnichannel experience
- Transversal project management or cross function working experience
- Prior Experience working in a matrix corporate organization
- Bachelor’s degree in business related field
- A strategic mind-set, with a well-honed eye for detail, comfortable with data and commercial metrics.
- Solid understanding of budgeting and financial planning.
- Strong leadership skills, with demonstratable experience of coaching developing and leading multiple team members in a busy task-oriented environment.
- Experience of navigating ambiguity and change with an entrepreneurial mindset.
- Data-driven mindset and an aptitude for technology and digital tools.
- Excellent problem-solving and communication skills, ability to work transversally with other departments and countries.
- Department: Event