Sous Chef - Rookery Hall Hotel & Spa, Nantwich Cheshire
Are you a professional Chef with rosette experience looking to progress your career? Do you live locally to Nantwich in Cheshire?
We are looking for a Sous Chef to join our brigade at Rookery Hall Hotel & Spa and work alongside our talented Executive Head Chef, Jason Hodnett & Senior Sous Chef, Michael Lambert.
Working as the number three in the Kitchen this is an opportunity for a talented Senior Chef de Partie or Junior Sous Chef to take the next step in their career within a 4 Red Star Hotel with a rosette accolade.
From involvement in office and paperwork responsibilities, to people management we will help give you the exposure you need to develop your career as a Chef. And of course alongside all of that you get to do what you do best, create fantastic food in our professional kitchen.
What’s in it for you:
- A competitive salary
- Use of Health Club facilities including gym, swimming pool and fitness classes
- 28 days holiday rising to 33 days with service – we think it’s fair to value loyalty
- £30 staff stays with Hand Picked Hotels per room Bed & Breakfast PLUS 25% discount of all food & drink. Yes, it’s as good as it sounds!
- Annual Sous Chef Conference to aid networking and personal development
- Annual loyalty awards (to include overnight stays & weekends away)
- Working in stunning surroundings and in a property packed with character
- Free parking on site
- Online retail discount platform offering thousands of savings with high street retailers and restaurants as well as a health and well-being platform
- Pension & Life assurance scheme
- An opportunity to complete your Level 3 or Level 5 Management apprenticeship – if you would like to do so
- People Management Training courses such as Behavioural Interviewing, Disciplinary Investigations and Appraisal Skills – to help you develop your skills and experience
- You’ll have previous experience as a Senior Chef de Partie or Junior Sous within a rosette kitchen environment.
- You’ll be a stickler for hygiene and be able to lead by example and demonstrate best practice
- Your knowledge of food and technical skills will be outstanding
- You’ll want to develop your skills and experience in order to help work with the Executive Head Chef to lead the brigade
- Most of all, you’ll enjoy working as part of a team, encouraging junior members of the brigade and will have an approachable, positive and proactive manner
Hand Picked Hotels is a private collection of 19 country house hotels throughout the United Kingdom and Channel Islands. Each of our properties has its own charming character, and all of them are set in stunning surroundings; from the sandy shores of Jersey to the rolling hills of Yorkshire.
With welcoming and charming service delivered in truly inspirational settings, our guests are encouraged to relax, kick off their shoes and indulge. You make it Hand Picked!
Hand Picked Hotels is an Equal Opportunities employer. Candidates must be eligible to live and work in the UK.
Hand Picked Hotels
At Hand Picked Hotels, we like to shape and develop long-lasting careers with opportunities for promotion for current team members as well as welcoming new talent to join our teams.
We are looking for Attentive, Natural, Charming & Creative Hospitality professionals to join our Hand Picked Team
One of our core values is family and we believe that being passionate about what we do is key to our great working atmosphere. Our valued team members are hard-working and committed, offering attentive, charming and natural service to allow our guests to feel indulged, at home, captivated and inspired during and after their stay... and they have a lot of fun in the process too!
You make it Hand Picked!