Rosewood Washington DC
Ideally located in the charming neighborhood of Georgetown, alongside the historic C&O Canal, Rosewood Washington, D.C. features 55 rooms, 12 suites, and 6 townhouses. The hotel, which opened in 2013, offers ample privacy, bespoke guest services and a tangible connection to the culture and traditions of the nation’s capital.
In addition to its enviable location, Rosewood Washington, D.C. presents its guests with peerless amenities and facilities. Overlooking the picturesque canal, CUT by Wolfgang Puck and CUT Bar surprise and delight with a creative, seasonally inspired menu and masterful libations. On the rooftop, CUT Above, a wraparound bar and lounge area boasts a stunning indoor-outdoor swimming pool and sweeping views of the Potomac River, Washington Monument, Roosevelt Island and the spires of Georgetown University. Fitness and spa services, private dining and meeting venues, and a calendar of intriguing curated events and occasions round out the hotel’s remarkable offerings.
Overview: Provides information to guest and visitor inquiries and coordinates all guest requests for special arrangements or services, courteously and efficiently. Escorts VIPs to assigned guestrooms, informing guests of hotel services, features and room amenities. Attends to immediate needs of VIPs upon arrival and follow through attention throughout stay.
- Support, maintain and adhere to all safety, health and sanitary guidelines and recommendations issued by Rosewood, the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention; OSHA, Federal and local DC Government to mitigate exposure and spread of COVID-19.
- Maintain complete knowledge of and comply with all departmental policies, service procedures and standards.
- Ensure that standards are maintained at a superior level on a daily basis.
- Maintain complete knowledge of correct maintenance and use of equipment. Use equipment only as intended
- Anticipate guests’ needs, respond promptly and acknowledge all guests, however busy and whatever time of day.
- Maintain positive guest relations at all times.
- Resolve guest complaints, ensuring guest satisfaction.
- Maintain complete knowledge of:
all hotel features/services, hours of operation.
all hotel restaurant food concepts, menu price range, dress code and ambiance.
all hotel room types, numbers/names, layout, appointments, amenities and locations.
all hotel room rates, special packages and promotions.
daily house count and expected arrivals/departures (particularly VIPs).
scheduled daily group activities, names and location of meeting/banquet rooms.
local events, attractions, holiday schedules.
- Obtain assigned bank and ensure accuracy of contracted monies. Keep bank secure at all times.
- Meet with Supervisor/departing Concierge to review business status and follow up actions.
- Comply and complete requisitions for additional supplies and materials and submit to Manager.
- Maintain updated resource materials on all vendors and information to accommodate guest requests.
- Review designated in-house guest list and be familiar with guests' names and room locations.
- Accommodate all guest requests expediently and courteously. Follow up with designated hotel personnel to ensure completion of request.
- Assist with Butler services.
- Coordinate with Food and Beverage and Sales team on special request. Ability to use OPERA and ALICE to assist guest requests.
- Ability to cross train and assist other departments as needed.
- Assist Guest Services with parking guests cars during peak arrivals and departures.
- Coordinate guest requests with designated vendors which may include:
Airline reservations, changes, cancellations
Transportation from hotel to airport and return
Car repair and servicing
Business center services/fax or telex services/mailing and delivery services
Restaurant reservations, nightclub activities
Dry cleaning, laundry, alterations, repairs
Sporting events, golf facilities, sport and athletic activities/rentals, outdoor activities, health club facilities
Formal wear rentals
- Legibly document all pertinent information in guest request log(s). Monitor and update log book(s) throughout the shift.
- Place orders for amenities and coordinate delivery of amenities to designated guest rooms.
- Legibly complete confirmation cards and deliver to guest upon completion of each arrangement coordinated for guest.
- Relay accurate directions to guests' desired destination within local area and distribute maps with highlighted routes.
- Compile weekly City Events Sheet detailing special activities and events within the local area; distribute to all departments.
- Adhere to all cashiering procedures
- Set up, monitor, maintain and breakdown coffee station and water supply
- Take, record and relay messages accurately, completely and legibly.
- All other duties as required.
The list of responsibilities is illustrative only and is not a comprehensive listing of all functions and tasks performed by this position. The company reserves the right to add, remove or alter duties when business need dictates.
- Job type
- Front Office concierge
- Starting in
- As soon as possible
- Duration of the contract