Begin Your Rosewood Journey
We believe that life is made of many journeys: inspiration, wonderment, curiosity, or the simple joy of discovering something new every day. If you share the same sentiment, then this opportunity is for you.
Rosewood Miramar Beach is looking for a Director of Banquet and Events to join our Banquet and Events Team!
The Director of Banquet and Events is responsible for the management of all aspects of the B&E department in accordance with hotel standards. Coordinates details and menus for clients' functions and maintains budgeted revenues through solicitation of business while controlling expenditures. Directs, implements, and maintains a management philosophy which serves as a guide to B&E associates.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Maintain complete knowledge of and comply with all departmental policies, service procedures, and standards.
- Ensure that standards are maintained at a superior level on a daily basis.
- Maintain complete knowledge of and comply with all hotel/departmental policies and procedures, ensuring that Catering associates are informed as well.
- Liaise daily with B&E associates to review the status of business, schedules, priority assignments, bookings, and all information pertinent to the department operation.
- Check with the secretary throughout the day to ensure that all-clerical work is processed on a timely basis.
- Direct and monitor the performance of B&E associates, ensuring that all procedures are followed; correct any deficiencies with respective personnel.
- Organize and delegate traces for follow-up; be familiar with the status of each.
- Ensure that B&E offices are kept organized and clean.
- Review the Captain's reports/logbook for previous day functions; follow up any problems noted and file.
- Review Banquet sales for the previous day; resolve discrepancies with Accounting; track revenue against budget.
- Review Banquet checks for the previous day's functions; ensure accuracy of charges and presence of guest signature; resolve discrepancies.
- Establish a departmental manual identifying all policies relevant to booking functions with respective charges.
- Ensure that B&E associates are knowledgeable of such:
- Function room capacities and various setups
- Blocking space (definite/tentative)
- Use of all forms
- Menus and pricing
- Guarantee policy
- Cancellation policy
- Payment policy
- Room rental charges
- Corkage fees
- Food handling policy
- Service charges
- Coatroom policy
- Miscellaneous pricing (floral, entertainment, etc.)
- Shipping/receiving policies
- Lost and found policy
- Ensure that B&E associates are familiar with Banquet service standards to better sell the facilities.
- Review B&E associates' request to block space to ensure that appropriate space is blocked to accommodate the group's requirements and to maximize labor costs; resolve any discrepancies.
- Establish and monitor the file and trace system.
- Assign specific files and sales objectives to catering personnel.
- Ensure client files are kept organized and current with all required information.
- Monitor and handle inquiry calls on a timely basis.
- Ensure that all incoming calls are answered within 3 rings with proper greetings and telephone etiquette.
- Monitor departmental call reports and assist Catering associates in determining follow-up actions.
- Monitor response time to messages, ensuring that all messages are returned promptly.
- Establish standardized form letters for use by all Catering associates as a response to inquiries, tentative/ definite bookings, thank you, cancellations, and re-bookings.
- Ensure appropriate letters are sent and filed.
- Actively solicit and book business following hotel standards.
- Meet with clients to work out the details of their functions.
- Escort clients through the property and highlight features of the facility as well as available services.
- Suggestively sell menus, which meet the client's needs and maximize revenues.
- Where appropriate, entertain clients in the hotel outlets to sell the hotel facilities.
- Liaise with the Executive Chef to plan special requests for clients and special event menus; arrange introductions between the client and Chef.
- Where appropriate, coordinate arrangements for a Chef's table to persuade profitable potential clients.
- Ensure that all definite functions are detailed accurately on Banquet Event Orders, signed by clients, and distributed to designated departments on a timely basis; resolve any discrepancies with respective Catering associates.
- Review estimated guarantees and ensure that firm guarantees are obtained by appropriate business days prior to scheduled function; ensure that the overset figure complies with established standards.
- Monitor the preparation and distribution of the Daily Event Sheet; ensure that all information is complete and accurate and distributed on a timely basis.
- Monitor changes to Banquet Event Orders; ensure that accurate information is communicated to respective departments on a timely basis in order to best serve the client; resolve discrepancies with catering associates.
- Monitor the preparation and distribution of the Weekly Event Sheet; resolve any incomplete information or problems with respective Catering associates prior to the distribution of the sheet.
- Identify groups, which do not have scheduled functions and communicate such to outlets in order to help them anticipate expected business levels.
- Prepare and distribute the weekly Catering forecast identifying covers and sales by meal period.
- Ensure that a Banquet check is typed for each function one day prior to the scheduled event and given to the Banquet department.
- Monitor the accurate record of each check issued and ensure the security of all unused checks.
- Ensure that door cards are typed for each scheduled function and properly posted.
- Prepare and distribute amenity request forms for specified clients; obtain designated approvals and follow up on delivery.
- Check function room setups prior to guest arrival, ensuring all details are in agreement with the client's requirements and hotel standards; ensure respective personnel correct deficiencies.
- Meet with the Chef prior to function time to verify arrangements and to observe the quality of the food presentation.
- Assist in plate up of meals as requested; ensure that standards are met.
- Welcome group contact upon arrival at function and ensure guest satisfaction.
- Check that functions are properly staffed to provide the required standard of service; ensure that associates are well-groomed; resolve any deficiencies with the Banquet Manager and/or Supervisor on duty.
- Assist in supervising the service of functions, ensuring guest satisfaction.
- Monitor, handle, and process all billing/payment procedures according to Accounting standards.
- Monitor guest reactions and confer with service associates to ensure guest satisfaction.
- Anticipate guests' needs, respond promptly, and acknowledge all guests, however busy and whatever time of day.
- Promote positive guest relations at all times.
- Be familiar with all hotel services/features and local attractions/activities to respond accurately to any guest inquiry.
- Monitor and handle guest complaints by following the six-step procedures and ensuring guest satisfaction.
- Contact clients after scheduled functions to ensure guest satisfaction and to solicit rebooking.
- Conduct weekly B.E.O. review meetings; resolve any discrepancies.
- Attend designated meetings, menu, and wine tastings.
- Conduct ongoing training with existing associates.
- Provide feedback to B&E associates on their performance; handle disciplinary problems and counsel employees according to hotel standards.
- Foster and promote a cooperative working climate, maximizing productivity, and employee morale.
- Prepare weekly work schedules in accordance with staffing guidelines and labor forecasts; adjust schedules throughout the shift to meet the business demands.
- Ensure that Catering associates report to work as scheduled; document any late or absent employees.
- Prepare and submit daily/weekly payroll records.
- Conduct function book review as scheduled with the Director of Sales; agree on the potential dates, which pose a negative impact on the available function space; confirm release dates for "hold all space"; ensure that Catering associates comply with restricted dates; resolve discrepancies.
- Prepare and distribute the monthly booking report according to procedures; compare actual to forecast.
- Monitor, maintain, and distribute a monthly-Lost Business Report following hotel standards; ensure appropriate pieces of lost business are traced for future solicitation.
- Prepare and distribute an annual catering-marketing plan in accordance with hotel specifications; assign monthly action steps to Catering associates and follow up on each; adjust and update the marketing plan each quarter.
- All other duties as required.
About Rosewood Miramar Beach
Rosewood Miramar Beach features 161 ultra-luxury guestrooms across 16 acres, including a glamorous Presidential Residence, a Bridal Suite, and multi-bedroom family bungalows nestled among rolling lawns and mature landscaping. Guests are treated to estate-style service, entirely personalized to complement their every need. Amenities include an oceanside bar and restaurant with an outdoor terrace, a signature restaurant, two swimming pools, a Sense® spa, a state-of-the-art fitness center, beach club, and a screening room. In addition, the resort offers 12,000 square feet of indoor and outdoor event space including a 6,000-square-foot ballroom.
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Disability, Life Insurance, and Retirement benefits
- Robust PTO program
- Complimentary Room Nights
- We encourage personal and professional growth and offer many global talent development opportunities to allow our Associate to continue the Rosewood Journey
Connect with us
- LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/company/rosewood-hotels-&-resorts
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/RosewoodMiramar
- Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/rosewoodmiramar