We are currently seeking for passionate and dynamic Finance professionals who pride themselves on their ability to deliver extraordinary levels of customer service and provide creative solutions to our guests.
As a Chief Accountant you are responsible to assist maintaining a smooth operation within the Finance Department by preparing financial reports and conducting internal controls in compliance with all policies, whereby your role will include key responsibilities such as:
• Verify the General Cashier’s report, Income journal voucher and review supplier invoices, as well as general ledger coding of expenses
• Verify supplier payments with supporting invoices, LPOs, etc. and expense reimbursement with supporting documents
• Review payroll reports with supporting documents at the month end
• Prepare general ledger reconciliation and follow up for the renewals of contracts expiring
• Prepare, post and update standard journal vouchers and adjustment journal voucher entries at the month end
• Review general ledger at month end and analyze expenses and major variations from the budget
• Ensure that all accounting reports and job deadlines for other employees are met
Education, Qualifications & Experiences
You should have a degree in hotel management or accounting and at least two years previous experiences within a hotel environment. Excellent verbal and written English communication skills and computer literacy is a must, while knowledge of Opera, Micros, FBM and SUN System an asset.
Knowledge & Competencies
The ideal candidate will be results oriented, self motivated and with a positive attitude. You have the ability to think laterally and with a pro-active approach and a strong drive for results. You portray a fair leadership style and be easy approachable for your employees, while possessing following additional competencies:
Understanding Hotel Operations
Planning for Business
Driving for Results