We are currently seeking for passionate and dynamic Kitchen professionals who pride themselves on their ability to deliver extraordinary levels of customer service and provide creative solutions to our guests.
As an Executive Sous Chef you are responsible to assist the Executive Chef in the day to day operation, taking over all responsibilities during his absence while striving for the highest possible guest satisfaction and your role will include key responsibilities such as:
• Work with the Executive Chef on managing all functions of the food production and quality improvement
• Assist the Executive Chef in designing, implementing and overseeing special events and special food promotions
• Monitor regular standards of production to ensure highest level of quality in all kitchens
• Ensure HACCP standards are implemented and follow the appropriate hygiene standards as per Municipality requirements at all times in all working areas
• Maintain comprehensive product knowledge including ingredients, equipment, suppliers, markets and current trends
• Monitor local competitors and compare their operation with the hotels food production operation
• Monitor all aspects pertaining to the control of the hotel’s food cost
Education, Qualifications & Experiences
You should have a professional kitchen apprenticeship or chefs training course and at least five years experiences in quality establishments with a pastry, bakery, butchery, a la carte, banquet and buffet styles. The ability to communicate well in English and a proven track of food preparation, presentation and preservation knowledge is an essential.
Knowledge & Competencies
The ideal candidate will be flexible and well organized with good managerial skills in order to be able to work with different levels in a multicultural workforce. Highly developed training and leadership skills, along with the ability to build a strong team are essential. You will have an eye for detail and be pro-active. You are positively spirited and passionate about food, customer driven with a hands on approach and possess following additional competencies:
Understanding the Business
Planning for Business
Drive for Results