Executive Chef - Bazaar by Jose Andres - SLS South Beach
About the job
A global team of individuals, partners and progressives, devoted to creating extraordinary experiences for our community throughout our proprietary brands - we are SLS. Visionaries at the forefront of hospitality, cuisine, design, residences and entertainment, our lifestyle moments are forged with highly-curated and passionate service. We are committed to authenticity, sophistication, mastery and innovation.
Our stage is the world. Our time is now.
With this in mind, we foster a family environment built on values that describe our lifestyle, experiences and how we see the world. When you have a tribe such as ours and place it in and around the collection of accommodations, restaurants, nightlife, retail and gaming, you create a force that cannot be replicated by anyone else. We are an equal opportunity employer.
Under the general guidance of the Director of F&B, responsible for coordinating, supervising and directing all aspects of the hotel’s food production, while maintaining profitable departments, high-quality products and service levels. The Executive Chef will also be responsible for working closely with the Marketing, Beach, Daylife/Nightlife, Sales & Events, Rooms, VIP Services, and Promotions teams to ensure all events and initiatives are executed properly. He/she is expected to provide training and support for all staff, meet hotel and venue quality standards, oversee, establish and enforce food specifications, portion control, recipes and sanitation. He/or she will also focus on reducing employee turnover; maintain revenue and payroll budgets; controlling food and labor costs while maximizing guest satisfaction.
Duties & Functions:
- Manages and controls departments expenditure, staying within agreed budgets and being cognizant of P/L for venues
- Assists in the development of competitive promotional plans in order to increase business levels and sales.
- Develop and implement action items and provide support and guidance in each kitchen to achieve or exceed budgeted revenue and net operating income goals
- Institute and monitor service and/or product upgrades in order to maintain the company’s competitive edge
- Maintain the quality of food product and ensure consistency in food delivery and standards. Ensure guest satisfaction score goals are achieved and/or exceeded
- Ensure the food product that is presented to guests is enhanced. Make changes that respond to the marketplace, the venue and to guests’ needs, both present and anticipated. Recommend changes to the food product. Use market research to develop new products
- Establish and enforce Ennismore/property specific Standard Operating Procedures
- Promote guest satisfaction throughout the operation
- Promote inter-company business relations and shares best practices
- Distinguish us as the industry leaders that continually improve to maintain our cutting edge
- Supervises, has oversight and provides leadership to all Culinary personnel, includes but not limited to restaurant venues, events, IRD, and Hyde Beach F&B
- Assist in the development and maintenance of sales and promotion requirements
- Ensures that these systems and procedures are consistently applied throughout the venues by the Culinary management team
- Oversees and directs the seamless running of day-to-day operations for all Culinary venues and projects
- Supports the delivery of outstanding customer service while ensuring that all financial and statutory requirements are met
- Manages/develops all areas of managerial and professional aspects
- Works with Chefs, Director of F&B and Director of People & Culture to establish staffing requirements within the Culinary teams
- In cooperation with the Director of F&B, develops and implements strategy for operational management and development, meeting agreed organizational performance plans within agreed budgets and timeframes
- Respond to guest complaints in a timely manner
- Monitor industry trends, take appropriate action to maintain competitive and profitable operations, work with Director of F&B to project future expectations and needs, develop long term budget and capitol improvement plans as it relates to the hotel’s Culinary areas
- Keep immediate supervisor fully informed of all problems or matters requiring his/her attention
- Coordinate and monitor all phases of Loss Prevention in the Culinary departments
- Prepare and submit required reports in a timely manner
- Organize and conduct department meetings on a regular basis
- Monitor quality of service and product
- Initiate menu planning and preparation
- Approves all Culinary purchases to ensure operational costs are kept within budgetary guidelines
- Frequent communication with Event managers, Chefs and F&B managers to ensure all internal and external events are handled and executed in an accurate, timely and proactive manner
- Conducts frequent inspection/analysis of all property Culinary areas
- Ensure compliance with all local liquor laws, and health and sanitation regulations and all other Food and Beverage related life/safety and other legal compliance in accordance with federal and local laws
- Ensure the training of department heads on SOP’s, report preparation, technical job tasks
- Select, train and develop personnel within the departments. Able to exercise hire, discipline, personnel performance reviews and termination of employment discretion within Ennismore Group policies
- As a leader, set the example, participate, support and attend all team member initiatives, functions, meetings and events
- Any other reasonable duties as assigned by the supervisor or manager
- We recognize we are in the hospitality industry and that may require us to provide lateral service. We will on occasion call for each individual in the team to on a routine basis perform various related tasks as needed in the spirit of providing exceptional service
SPECIFIC JOB KNOWLEDGE, SKILL AND ABILITY
The individual must possess the following knowledge, skills and abilities and be able to explain and demonstrate that he or she can perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation.
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred. High School Diploma or equivalent required
- Minimum of four (4+) years of luxury Food & Beverage Management experience.
- Strong knowledge of commonly-used concepts, practices and procedures in a restaurant is required
- Culinary and service background required
- Licenses or Certificates: Ability to obtain and/or maintain any government required licenses, certificates or permits
- Must have knowledge of food and beverage preparation techniques, health department rules, liquor laws and regulations
- Proven ability to accurately calculate P/L, handle money and implement spending changes is required
- Must have flexibility and be adaptable to all types of changes
- Previous experience recruiting, developing and managing multiple types of personalities and styles is required
- Proven team leader with a high level of energy and motivation with a proven track record of living the company's values
- An intermediate to proficient understanding of Computer systems such as: Microsoft Word, Excel & Outlook is preferred
- Enter and locate work related information using computers and/or point of sale systems
- Ability to spend extended lengths of time viewing a computer screen
- Possess a gracious, friendly, and fun demeanor
- Ability to multitask, work in a fast-paced environment and have a high-level attention to detail
- Maintain positive and productive working relationships with other employees and departments
- Ability to work independently and to partner with others to promote an environment of teamwork
- Must be able to stand or walk a minimum eight-hour shift.
- Must be able observant and quick to respond to various situations while also multitasking and handling stressful situations.
- Must be able to twist, tow (push or pull), reach, bend climb and carry objects as necessary.
- Must have excellent communication skills and be able to read, write, speak and understand English.
- Must be able to work inside and outside at all times of the year as needed, based upon business volumes.
- Knowledge of federal, state and local laws governing equal employment opportunity and civil rights, occupational safety and health, wage and hour issues, and labor relations
- Department: F&B kitchen
Executive Chef - Bazaar by Jose Andres - SLS South Beach
Start Date:As soon as possible
Latest start date: