A global tribe of individuals, partners and progressives, devoted to creating extraordinary experiences for our community throughout our proprietary brands - we are sbe . Visionaries at the forefront of hospitality, cuisine, design, residences and entertainment, our lifestyle moments are forged with highly-curated and passionate service. We are committed to authenticity, sophistication, mastery and innovation. Our stage is the world. Our time is now.
With this in mind, we foster a family environment built on values that describe our lifestyle, experiences and how we see the world. When you have a tribe such as ours and place it in and around the collection of accommodations, restaurants, nightlife, retail and gaming, you create a force that cannot be replicated by anyone else. We are an equal opportunity employer.
Under the guidance of the F&B General Manager, perform all duties and is responsible for coordinating and supervising all aspects of the venue operations while maintaining a profitable operation and high quality products and service levels. He/she is expected to market ideas to promote business; reduce employee turnover; maintain revenue and payroll budgets; and meet budgeted productivity while keeping quality consistently high.
Duties & Functions:
- Must love and support their TEAM!
- Must love and take care of guests!
- Must say “Yes” and “Thank you” often!
- Assists with recruiting, hiring, training, scheduling and retention
- Evaluate and develop processes to maintain and improve performance and productivity
- Assists in maintaining standards of health, safety and sanitation
- Directly responsible for the coaching and development of venue staff
- Administers progressive discipline and attendance points according to company policy
- Defines Employee Standards of Conduct and ensures employee compliance
- Manage day-to-day operations, including floor management, staff management and the guest experience
- Understands P&L analysis, develops processes to maintain and improve performance
- Assists with creation and maintenance of procedural protocol for venue operations
- Ensure that all department equipment is in proper working condition and that department areas and storerooms are clean
- Perform departmental administrative duties
- Collaborate on needs of departmental staff scheduling
- Assist in recruitment, hiring, training, orientation of and communication to department personnel.
- Schedule and supervise staff to ensure prompt, friendly, and attentive service
- Ensure compliance of brand standards, operating procedures and policies
- Facilitates the training and development of all employees to sbe standards
- Communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing, to provide clear direction to the venue teams.
- Communicate with employees using a positive and clear speaking voice, listen to and understand requests, respond with appropriate actions and provide accurate information.
- Remain calm and alert, especially during emergency situations and/or heavy restaurant activity, serving as a role model for team and other employees. Interact with other department personnel and venue staff as needed.
- Make decisions and take actions based on previous experience and good judgment, sometimes revising procedures to accommodate unusual situations.
To be aware of and ensure constant compliance with all necessary operational policies including:
- Health and Safety
- Food Hygiene
- Emergency Procedures
- Liquor Licensing
In addition to performance of the essential functions, this position may be required to perform a combination of the following supportive functions, with the percentage of time performing each function to be solely determined by the supervisor based upon the particular requirements of the company.
- Attend mandatory meetings including divisional meetings, staff meetings, etc.
- Participate in community events and ensure corporate social responsibility goals of sbe are met.
- Utilize traditional software programs such as Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint), Micros, ADP, Open Table and any departmental specific systems used.
- Keep work area clean and organized.
- Ensure confidential documents are kept in a secured area.
- When disposing confidential documents that contain any personally identifiable information, they must be shredded or pulverized.
- Complete other duties as assigned by the Department Head.
- Demonstrate positive leadership characteristics, which inspire Team Members to meet and exceed standards.
- Ensure compliance with sbe’s policies and procedures.
Assimilate into sbe’s culture through understanding, supporting and participating in all sbe elements. Demonstrate working knowledge of the service standards.
Regular attendance in conformance with the standards, which may be established by sbe from time to time, is essential to the successful performance of this position.
Due to the cyclical nature of the hospitality industry, employees may be required to work varying schedules to reflect the business needs of the property.
SPECIFIC JOB KNOWLEDGE, SKILL AND ABILITY
The individual must possess the following knowledge, skills and abilities and be able to explain and demonstrate that he or she can perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation.
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred. High School Diploma or equivalent required
- Three (3) to five (5) years of Hotel and/or Food and Beverage operational experience in a luxury property.
- Proven team leader with a high level of energy and motivation with a proven track record of living the company's values
- An intermediate to proficient understanding of Computer systems such as: Opera, GoConcierge, HotSOS, Microsoft Word, Excel & Outlook is preferred
- Enter and locate work related information using computers and/or point of sale systems
- Ability to spend extended lengths of time viewing a computer screen
- Possess a gracious, friendly, and fun demeanor
- Ability to multitask, work in a fast-paced environment and have a high level attention to detail
- Maintain positive and productive working relationships with other employees and departments
- Ability to work independently and to partner with others to promote an environment of teamwork
- Must be able to stand or walk a minimum eight-hour shift.
- Must be able observant and quick to respond to various situations while also multitasking and handling stressful situations.
- Must be able to twist, tow (push or pull), reach, bend climb and carry objects as necessary.
- Must have excellent communication skills and be able to read, write, speak and understand English.
- Must be able to work inside and outside at all times of the year as needed, based upon business volumes.
- Knowledge of federal, state and local laws governing equal employment opportunity and civil rights, occupational safety and health, wage and hour issues, and labor relations
Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) may be required when performing work duties that may have the potential of risk to your health or safety. The restaurant will provide the required PPE. Team members will be trained in the proper use and care of any assigned PPE. It is your responsibility to report defective, damaged or lost PPE, or equipment that does not fit properly, to your Manager.
Requires ability to lift large and heavy packages and boxes and to the ability to load and unload small and large boxes as needed. Must have ability to safely lift minimum of 50 lbs. without assistance and to push and pull up to 150 lbs. with appropriate equipment.
All employees must maintain a neat, clean and well-groomed appearance. Specific uniform guidelines and/or required articles of clothing will be explained to you as a part of the orientation process.
Additional language ability preferred.
Other suggested jobs
USEH International Inc
The St. Regis Washington D.C.
Brasseries à La Mode
Brasseries à La Mode
Interested in this opportunity?
- Overnight Front Desk Supervisor, Hyde MidtownMiami, FL, United States
- PBX Supervisor, SLS BrickellMiami, FL, United States
- Overnight Front Desk Agent - PT, Hyde Midtown MiamiMiami, FL, United States
- Full Time Maintenance Technician, Hyde MidtownMiami, FL, United States
- Part Time Hyde Ambassador - HYDE MidtownMiami, FL, United States