Welcome to sbe! A global tribe of individuals, partners and progressives, devoted to creating extraordinary experiences for our community throughout our proprietary brands - we are sbe .
Visionaries at the forefront of hospitality, cuisine, design, residences and entertainment, our lifestyle moments are forged with highly curated and passionate service. We are committed to authenticity, sophistication, mastery and innovation.
Our stage is the world. Our time is now.
Founded and led by legendary hotelier and restaurateur Sam Nazarian – best known as the founder and CEO of sbe Lifestyle Hospitality – the company is capitalizing on the rapidly evolving customer preferences for differentiated F&B experiences. The company boasts an award-winning roster of culinary talent and chef partners including Chef Dani Garcia, Chef Masaharu Morimoto, and Chef Dario Cecchini. A hybrid digital kitchen and food hall platform, C3 is on track to grow to rapidly by December 2021. C3’s current brands include: Umami Burger, Sam’s Crispy Chicken, Krispy Rice, Plant Nation and Ella Mia, with several limited and full-service concepts created by C3’s chef partners launching in early 2021.
What we offer
The opportunity to play an important role in a fast growing company and substantial responsibility from the early beginning! Competitive salary based on your experience and linked to performance.
Medical, dental and vision insurance, 401k, flexible PTO, dining and hotel discounts & more!
Internal Control/ Accounting Project Manager
The Internal Control/ Accounting Project Manager will facilitate or implement current projects, including software implementation and management. This person will also revisit current internal controls & assess risks & suggest modifications in the process flow.
- Automate Daily Accounting Sales entries from POS System to Sage Intacct for MB locations; Ensure that all sales transactions are recorded on a daily basis including credit card sales which constitute 97% of sales collection
- Automate real time/daily bank reconciliation process; Ensure that all credit card transaction settlements are received daily especially for Nightlife locations where cash settlements are received on a regular manner.
- Set-up internal controls to manage losses/chargebacks
- Implement Fixed Assets module in Intacct Ensure that all Fixed assets are accounted for; saves time during audit as the system will provide system generated reports relating to additions, disposals & replacements
- Replace IQB- AP manual system with an automated system of tracking, reconciliation and approval
- Revisit internal control procedures for any modifications and train accountants to implement/administer these procedures: Cash, Inventories, Purchase Orders, CAPEX
- Write deskstop procedures for all matters of Accounting Operations
Competencies / Skills
- Team-player attitude, with the ability to operate in a fast-paced setting
- Understanding of how to prioritize and respond accordingly to changing business needs
- Excellent communication and follow up skills towards effective collaboration
- Detail-oriented, self-motivated, result-driven, and well-organized individual
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite, Outlook, Advanced Excel, PowerPoint, and Keynote
Education / Experience / Credentials
- Bachelor's Degree in accounting, or similar.
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA) or Certified Management Accountant (CMA) would be preferred.
- 2-5 years' experience as a project accountant, or similar
- In-depth knowledge of best practices in accounting.
This position will interface with various departments, vendors and clientele. The ideal candidate must have excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills. They must be proficient with MS Office including strong knowledge of Excel, and have experience working with an integrated general ledger system package.
They must also demonstrate strong organizational, analytical and problem-solving skills and exhibit composure and professionalism while under pressure. They must be able to manage multiple projects in a fast-paced environment while meeting constant deadlines and maintaining strong attention to details.
Must be able to provide documentation that shows you are authorized to work in the United States. Must be twenty-one (21) years of age.
Must have the ability to speak, read, write, and interpret business documents in the English language.
This position will be based at the Corporate office, although there is flexibility to work remotely during the COVID-19 pandemic. Personal protective equipment is always required when at the office, as well as following social distancing guidelines, and health and safety measures of hand sanitizing and cleaning procedures.
This position often requires sitting and using hands and fingers to operate a computer or phone; requires ability to talk and hear, communicating clearly through phone and internet meetings. Vision abilities required Position frequently requires standing, walking, reaching with arms and hands, and occasionally climbing or balancing, and stooping, kneeling, and crouching. The vision abilities required to perform this job include close vision.
Lifting between 5 to 20 pounds is sometimes required.
Candidates understand that the business concept is based on a hospitality and lifestyle brand, which includes the service of food and alcoholic beverages. Candidates acknowledge and understand that accepting employment with the Company, may require presence at a venue, which may include exposure to the following: smoke from cigarettes and cigars; loud music and other sounds; individuals under the influence of alcohol; women and men in sexy and/or sexually provocative clothing.
We have a policy of zero tolerance for harassment or discrimination by any employee, vendor or guest. Nothing herein shall prevent or discourage an employee from notifying the Company if they are exposed to conduct of any type which makes them feel uncomfortable when performing their job duties.
This job description has been approved by the Company. Please note this job description is intended to convey information essential to understanding the scope of the job and the general nature, level and expectation of the work to be performed. It is not designed to cover a complete list of qualifications, skills, efforts, duties, responsibilities or activities associated with this position, as they may change at any time, with or without notice.