Welcome to sbe! A global tribe of individuals, partners and progressives, devoted to creating extraordinary experiences for our community throughout our proprietary brands. Visionaries at the forefront of hospitality, cuisine, design, residences and entertainment, our lifestyle moments are forged with highly curated and passionate service. We are committed to authenticity, sophistication, mastery and innovation.
C3 by sbe is an omnichannel brand and distribution platform disrupting the food & beverage industry and reshaping the future of foodservice through its portfolio of virtual kitchens, full-service restaurants, and lifestyle food halls. C3’s approach combines on-site venues with digital kitchens, grab-and-go, and online ordering and delivery. Through our ghost kitchen business, we’re enabling restaurants everywhere to generate additional revenue, and bring great brands and food to more people nationwide.
Led by legendary restaurateur and hotelier Sam Nazarian - the founder and CEO of sbe Lifestyle Hospitality (SLS Hotels, Katsuya, Umami Burger) - C3’s hybrid virtual kitchen and food hall platform is on track to grow rapidly with $80 million in Series B funding raised in July 2021. The funding follows the recent launch of C3's GO by Citizens app, allowing consumers to order across multiple food brands with items arriving in a single delivery. By joining C3 you will be at the forefront of the rapidly evolving delivery technology landscape. We pride ourselves on building a team of world-class thinkers and innovators to build great brands and empower our partners to tap into new markets.
Our stage is the world. Our time is now.
What we offer
The opportunity to play an important role in a rapidly-scaling food-tech company, and substantial responsibility from the very beginning. Competitive salary based on experience, and tied to performance.
Medical, Dental, Vision Plans, 401k, Short- and Long-Term Disability, Voluntary Insurance Life Insurance (basic, supplemental, and dependent plans), Commuter account, Flexible PTO, 50%-30% Dining discount on sbe restaurants, hotel discounts and more!
Our expansive office campus offers plenty of outdoor space with abundant amenities including underground parking, stocked kitchen, and on-premises coffee shop, a full-service fitness center with yoga studio and locker rooms, car wash and dry-cleaning service.
Regional PR Manager
As a C3 Regional PR Manager you will work to build buzz and raise awareness for C3’s restaurant brands and ghost kitchens opening across the country. These will include major metropolitan areas as well regional markets across the country.
*This position can be based in C3’s New York City office although we are not opposed to other regional cities for work from home.*
Salary: $65,000 - $70,000 depending on experience
C3’s current and restaurant brands include:
Umami Burger | Sam’s Crispy Chicken | Krispy Rice | Kumi | Cicci di Carne | EllaMia | Cindy Lou’s Cookies | Soom Soom Fresh Mediterranean | El Pollo Verde | Plant Nation and with plans for upcoming concepts in the pipeline
The ideal candidate will:
- Create and implement strategic press campaigns for new restaurant and ghost kitchen launches. Place stories with print, broadcast and online press across the US
- Plan (events and pop-ups, partnerships, social, influencer, etc.) to build buzz for new and existing culinary concepts
- Have strong experience creating press lists for metropolitan and regional markets. Help maintain the master press database.
- Craft public facing press materials such as press announcements, media pitches, fact sheets and other press materials
- Brainstorm and implement ideas for wide range of publicity campaigns. Strategize and formulate pitches and story ideas and angles
- Identify, pitch and secure speaking opportunities via panels, summits and keynotes
- Measure and report performance of all launch marketing campaigns, and assess ROI and KPIs. Own correspondence, weekly reporting and agendas
- 5+ years experience executing press campaigns – ideally within the lifestyle realm and restaurant + food arena
- A self-professed foodie with their finger on the pulse of dining and knowledge of the hospitality industry
- The ideal candidate will be highly organized, extremely detailed, an outstanding communicator (written and spoken) and has the ability to work in a collaborative team setting as well as individually. Strong writer, editor, and proofreader.
- Works well under pressure and highly entrepreneurial. Able to adapt to changing priorities in a fast-paced environment; proven ability to execute in the face of competing priorities
- Works cohesively as part of project teams; as well as staying proactive to the tasks assigned
- The ability to connect with people, build relationships
- Experience in identifying target audiences and devising effective campaigns across multiple press channels
- Creative mindset that produces innovative ideas in driving consumer engagement
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- High attention to detail regarding documentation and processes
- Ability to work individually and as a team player
- College degree (BA/BS) preferred
Must be able to provide documentation that shows you are authorized to work in the United States. Must be twenty-one (21) years of age.
Education / Experience / Credentials
Bachelor’s degree preferred.
Must have the ability to speak, read, write, and interpret business documents in the English language.
This position may require the ability to travel nationally, to multiple business units, as needed. Must have access to reliable transportation locally, as this position may require some time to be spent at the corporate office and at business units locally.
This position can be based in C3’s New York City office although we are not opposed to other regional cities for work from home. Personal protective equipment is always required when at the office, as well as following social distancing guidelines, and health and safety measures of hand sanitizing and cleaning procedures.
The physical demands described here are representative of those requirements necessary for an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable people with a disability to perform the described essential functions where possible.
This position often requires sitting and using hands and fingers to operate a computer or phone; requires ability to talk and hear, communicating clearly through phone and internet meetings. Vision abilities required Position frequently requires standing, walking, reaching with arms and hands, and occasionally climbing or balancing, and stooping, kneeling, and crouching. The vision abilities required to perform this job include close vision.
Lifting between 5 to 20 pounds is sometimes required.
Candidates understand that the business concept is based on a hospitality and lifestyle brand, which includes the service of food and alcoholic beverages. Candidates acknowledge and understand that accepting employment with the Company, may require presence at a venue, which may include exposure to the following: smoke from cigarettes and cigars; loud music and other sounds; individuals under the influence of alcohol; women and men in sexy and/or sexually provocative clothing.
We have a policy of zero tolerance for harassment or discrimination by any employee, vendor or guest. Nothing herein shall prevent or discourage an employee from notifying the Company if they are exposed to conduct of any type which makes them feel uncomfortable when performing their job duties.