Welcome to sbe! A global tribe of individuals, partners and progressives, devoted to creating extraordinary experiences for our community throughout our proprietary brands - we are sbe .
C3 by sbe is a cutting edge food and beverage platform consisting of an array of limited service culinary brands. C3 is focused on disrupting the food & beverage industry by capitalizing on rapidly evolving customer preferences such as food halls, ghost kitchens and mobile delivery.
Visionaries at the forefront of hospitality, cuisine, design, residences and entertainment, our lifestyle moments are forged with highly-curated and passionate service.We are committed to authenticity, sophistication, mastery and innovation.
Our stage is the world. Our time is now.
With this in mind, we foster a family environment built on values that describe our lifestyle, experiences and how we see the world. When you have a tribe such as ours and place it in and around the collection of accommodations, restaurants, nightlife and retail, you create a force that cannot be replicated by anyone else. We are an equal opportunity employer.
Research & Development Chef
In this role, you will ensure culinary ideation is fully planned, managed and implemented to all respective teams, adhering to the highest product quality standards set forth by sbe. This includes directing product conceptualization, menu execution, and implementation of new offerings. If you are a creative, strategic leader with a strong culinary vision, we want to hear from you.
Responsibilities / Duties
- Provides visionary leadership and management of the culinary team
- Formulates and implements procedural guidelines, policies, and standards pertaining to the overall food and beverage operations, including but not limited to: cleanliness and sanitation, profit and loss management, labor and operating expenses, etc.
- Manages the overall execution of menus, preparation instructions, and individual dish specifications by ingredients and corresponding portion sizes
- Develops standards, processes and tools to assist in delivering consistent culinary products
- Guides and supports culinary team in the implementation and adherence of brand standards, processes & systems
- Monitors guests feedback from our venues
- Initiates, plans and implements new product development projects
- Collaborates with marketing department personnel
- Creates recipes and formulations to develop new innovative recipes for the C3 brand
- Arranges and evaluates product samplings
- Obtains results of nutritional analysis testing
- Willingness to take ownership of tasks and react with a sense of urgency to find a solution
- Desire to teach and develop team members
- Ability to multitask
- Previous experience working in a high-volume culinary setting
- Excellent verbal, written and listening skills
- Possesses strength in training and team-building programs with a respectful attitude
- Demonstrates high energy and a positive demeanor
- Prior experience as a Brand Chef or R&D Chef required with a strong culinary background (Japanese cuisine required)
- Serve Safe Certificate required
Must be able to provide documentation that shows you are authorized to work in the United States. Must be twenty-one (21) years of age.
Education / Experience / Credentials
Bachelor’s degree preferred.
Must have the ability to speak, read, write, and interpret business documents in the English language. This position requires a minimum of conversational Spanish. Bi-lingual in the Spanish language preferred.
This position will be based at the Corporate office, although there is flexibility to work remotely during the COVID-19 pandemic. Personal protective equipment is always required when at the office, as well as following social distancing guidelines, and health and safety measures of hand sanitizing and cleaning procedures.