Our commercial packages team are looking for a target drive Business Development Executive to support the growth and expansion of the packages the Secret Escapes can offer to our members.
Questions you will help answer OR Problems we are trying to solve
- How can we keep on sourcing the best package holiday deals for our members?
- Can you spot an emerging trend in the travel market so that Secret Escapes can keep ahead of the curve?
- Which destinations and experiences should we be sourcing to keep our members engaged with our holidays?
Things you’ll be working on
- Identifying a pipeline of new suppliers that offer a constant diversity of product
- Making initial contact with potential suppliers to sell the Secret Escapes proposition
- Building relationships with potential suppliers
- Regularly reviewing competitor activity and focusing on converting supply to feature on Secret Escapes
- Working with internal stakeholders to identify opportunities and target supply to build into our in-house package holidays
- Using internal systems to manage call volumes, sales performance and lead status
- Actively interested in the travel and cruise market space with a willingness to drive knowledge and understanding to aid sales conversion
- Present the Global Secret Escapes value and points of difference to prospective accounts
How the magic happens
We’re a team of 10 peeps all based in the London office, we’re a tight knit team and we get on brilliantly, we’re committed to building great offers, but having fun doing it as well. Most of the team focus on geographical regions, but in BD the world is really your oyster.
The deal breakers
- Excellent verbal communication skills, with the ability to communicate clearly and effectively
- Superb negotiation skills
- Commercial acumen, can spot an opportunity, have a good understanding of numbers and can use them to make good decisions quickly
- Good knowledge of Microsoft Excel
And you are…
- Target and results driven
- Someone who exceeds people’s expectations on a regular basis
- A real team player
- Resilient and tenacious
- Proactive: always on the look-out for new product ideas and ways to improve what we do
- Phenomenally well organised and able to stick to deadlines
Things you should know
We’re officially the happiest team in the UK business, probably because we all know how to laugh at ourselves and we do on a regular basis…
- Job type
- Fulltime job
- London, United Kingdom
- Sales & Marketing
- Starting in
- As soon as possible