UK Hotels is a key part of Secret Escapes and we are looking for a new member to join the sales team that can manage existing accounts in certain regions and also bring on new hotels to add to our range of amazing deals.
Questions you will help answer OR Problems we are trying to solve
How do we ensure we are the first port of call our hotel partners turn too?
How can we maximise our goal in capturing market share in key cities?
How do we continue to drive and improve a sales culture in the UK team?
How do we grow our hotel partnerships and ensure we continue to offer the same level of competitor envying service?
Things you’ll be working on
- Identifying a pipeline of both new and existing sales that offer a constant diversity of product in a predefined territory, from country hotels and spas to chic and boutique in the city.
- Making initial contact with potential suppliers to sell the Secret Escapes proposition
- Building relationships with potential leads and building on existing client relations.
- Regularly reviewing competitor activity and focusing on converting supply to feature on Secret Escapes
- Analysing UK wide hotel marketplace to identify new opportunities such as newly opened hotels or new activity hotspots
- Using internal systems to manage call volumes, sales performance and lead status
- Actively interested in the travel and hotel market space with willingness to drive knowledge and understanding to aid sales conversion
- Present the Global Secret Escapes value and points of difference to prospect accounts in any given territory
How the magic happens
The UK team is made up of a dynamic group of industry-leading talent, with colleagues from some of the global leading travel brands, hotels, and e-commerce companies. Working as a self-starter but also willing to dive in to offer a helping hand is how we roll! We offer great initiatives in driving both sales and collaboration such as weekends away, job swaps and even a branded cupcake or two!
The deal breakers
- Experience of negotiating (ideally in the travel industry but not essential)
- Excellent background in a target driven telephone and face to face sales environment
- Good knowledge of the hotel and holiday markets both in the UK and Europe
- Excellent sales and negotiation skills
- Boundless energy and commitment to your work
- Willingness to jump in a car or train and visit key partners and source new ones
And you are…
- An excellent Communicator
- Enthusiastic and driven
- In the detail
- Customer Focussed
- Commercially Aware
- Strong organisational skills
- Strong team player
Things you should know
Warning, working here could affect your ability to book a none standard hotel or holiday, you will be regularly visiting the UK’s cream of the crop of hotels, so forget all you knew about those roadside motels, you will never stay there again.
The UK sales team are a well-traveled bunch, so be prepared to trade off a list of recommendations on city hot spots!
- Job type
- London, United Kingdom
- Sales & Marketing
- Starting in
- As soon as possible