Secret Escapes are looking to strengthen the sales team here in London and we keen to talk to people with a proven track record within the London market with existing enviable relationships
Questions you will help answer OR Problems we are trying to solve
- How do we ensure we are the first port of call our London hotel partners turn too?
- How can we maximise our goal in capturing further market share in this key city?
- How do we continue to drive and improve a sales culture in the UK team?
- How do we grow our hotel partnerships and ensure we continue to offer the same level of competitor envying service?
Things you’ll be working on
- Identifying a pipeline of new and existing sales that offer a constant diversity of product mix in the London market, from chain hotels, Spa and chic and boutique in the city.
- Making initial contact with potential suppliers to sell the Secret Escapes proposition.
- Building relationships with new potential leads and converting into a key account.
- Regularly reviewing competitor activity and focusing on converting London supply to feature on Secret Escapes.
- Analysing the Greater London hotel marketplace to identify new opportunities such as newly opened hotels or new activity hotspots.
- Using internal systems to manage call volumes, sales performance and lead status
- Actively interested in the travel and hotel market space with willingness to drive knowledge and understanding to aid sales conversion
- Present the global Secret Escapes value proposition and points of difference to prospect accounts in the London hotel market.
How the magic happens
The UK team is made up of a dynamic group of industry-leading talent, with colleagues from some of the global leading travel brands, hotels, and e-commerce companies. Working as a self-starter but also willing to dive in to offer a helping hand is how we roll! We offer great initiatives in driving both sales and collaboration such as weekends away, job swaps and even a branded cupcake or two!
The deal breakers
- A proven track record within the London market with existing enviable relationships
- Experience of negotiating at all levels (General Managers, Head Office etc)
- Excellent background in a target driven telephone and face to face sales environment
- Good knowledge of the hotel and holiday markets both in the UK and Europe
- Excellent sales and negotiation skills
- Boundless energy and commitment to your work
And you are…
- An excellent Communicator
- Enthusiastic and driven
- In the detail
- Customer Focused
- Commercially Aware
- Strong organisational skills
Things you should know
Warning, working here could affect your ability to book an sub-standard hotel or holiday, you will be regularly visiting the London’s top hotels, so forget all you knew about those mundane hotels, you will never stay there again.
The UK sales team are a well-traveled bunch, so be prepared to trade off a list of recommendations on city hot spots!
- Job type
- Fulltime job
- London, United Kingdom
- Sales & Marketing
- Starting in
- As soon as possible