We’re looking for a fantastic HR & Office Administration Assistant to take the reins of our USA office in New York. We have 23 members of the Secret Escapes family in the USA either working remotely or based in our New York office.
Things you’ll be working on
Making the New York Reception more impressive and welcoming than a 5* hotel
- You'll be the gatekeeper of our unique culture, keeping Secret Escapes an efficient yet fun place to work
- Greeting and welcoming all guests and applicants as soon as they walk into office – making them feel well looked after and direct them to the appropriate person
- Receiving and distributing daily deliveries and screening incoming phone calls to reception
Ensuring the office IT service is second to none
- Ordering laptops for new starters and replacements including set up
- Maintain all AV and IT equipment in the office so when meetings start on time and no time is wasted trying to get the kit in the meetings rooms to connect
- Support the team with basic knowledge of IT Principles for Window’s PC’s
Guaranteeing the office is the best stocked office in a 50-mile radius
- Managing and ordering everything needed for the office from TV screens, swivel chairs, to notepads to prosecco
- Building relationships with providers to get the best quality, at the best cost with the lowest possible impact on the environment
Keeping our New York office lean and mean and always running like clockwork
- Manage and review our agreements with building facility providers to ensure we’re getting the best service possible at the most sensible price.
- Ensuring our health and safety policies are up to date and compliant and develop business continuity planning in cases of emergency
- Record office supply expenditure and manage the budget effectively
- Reconciling the company credit card expenses using Concur System
- Review and approve all U.S. employee expenses using Concur system
- Making sure our remote workers feel as much a part of the SE family as those we see everyday
- Working collaboratively with all teams to make sure employees are informed, motivated and excited about Secret Escape’s culture, values and vision, and that everyone is kept in the loop on any key company news or changes
Making the Secret Escapes family think you have magical powers by arranging flawless people logistics
- Be the got to person for all office related queries
- Advising employees on expense policy with regards to booking flights and accommodation to travel to and from the US
- Coordinating travel and events for NYC office workers and home working employees, including away days and sales meetings.
- Supporting the General Manager and wider team with any ad hoc administrative tasks.
Be our first port of call for day-to-day administrative HR matters
- With help from the London HR team, issue employment contracts and welcome letters for all new starters.
- Support colleagues with the leave request system and answer any questions they may have.
- Support the coordination of any planned HR activity.
- Support the Talent team based in the UK in recruiting activities
- Act as the internal knowledge keeper for staff on day to day personnel matters such as interpreting our US staff handbook, taking advantage of our benefit policies, booking a well-deserved holiday or enrolling on training.
- Being responsible for ensuring the smooth and professional onboarding and offboarding of joiners and leavers.
- Support the London based HR Business partner in top level ER cases as this is within their remit. Help to implement any strategic HR changes or initiatives, including any wellbeing, engagement or cultural embellishment plans.
The deal breakers
- Previous experience in an office/team assistant/facilitation environment.
- Knowledge of US HR employee legislation. Other states knowledge advantageous as we have home workers in other states.
- Excellent verbal communication skills, with the ability to communicate clearly, effectively and appropriately with colleagues at all levels
- Experience of inventory control
- Ability to track and manage an office budget
- Experience of negotiating contracts and service level agreements
And you are…
- Keen to have real ownership
- Someone who exceeds people’s expectations on a regular basis
- Highly professional always with a confidential manner
- Approachable (even first thing in the morning)
- Resourceful and proactive with a positive approach when issues arise
- Always looking for ways to improve how things are done
- Someone with excellent organisational skills for yourself and those around you
- Able to prioritise tasks effectively and have slick time management skills
- Job type
- Fulltime job
- New York, NY, United States
- Human Resources
- Starting in
- As soon as possible