Marriott International is the world’s largest hotel company, with more brands, more hotels and more opportunities for associates to grow and succeed. We believe a great career is a journey of discovery and exploration. So, we ask, where will your journey take you?
The Manager, Destination Marketing manage execution of destination marketing programs for Asia Pacific with a focus on leisure travel.
He/she coordinates and orchestrate destination marketing initiatives across key markets in collaboration with Area Directors of Marketing and Area Directors of Sales and Distribution Besides, he/she works with brand marketing teams to localize brand-led creative assets and messaging for Asia Pacific markets by key audience segments, partners with digital marketing and social media teams to develop relevant programs to grow and activate our key source markets and also connect and collaborate with Joint-venture partner(s) in key source markets e.g. China to execute destination marketing campaigns and seasonal promotions
Minimum 10+ years of relevant work experience as a digital or consumer marketing professional for multinational corporations ideally in hospitality, FMCG or consumer brand industry in positions that have directly driven customer engagement and brand awareness.
3 or more years of marketing experience with a focus on digital and creative strategy
Experience and knowledge of destination marketing – preferably in hospitality or consumer brands
Prior experience developing integrated destination marketing campaigns across channels (digital, social, buzz, PR, sales).
Experience managing and directing strategic partners / agencies /vendors. Demonstrated relationship marketing skills a must.
Proven ability to lead and work with cross-functional teams in support of specific business priorities.
Languages: Proficiency in English required; proficiency in reading and writing in Chinese or other Asian languages strongly preferred.
CORE WORK ACTIVITIES
Area Directors of Marketing.
Area Leaders - Sales and Distribution, Revenue Management.
Property DOMs/ PR Managers/Directors.
Continent level agencies.
Integrated Marketing Planning
Supports development of continent destination marketing strategy and focused on key source markets and KPIs.
Monitor competitive activity in the category.
Partners with Revenue Strategy, develops and executes promotions/offers that drive KPIs for the continent or market (eg. Enrollment goals, direct channel goals, driving leisure revenue, etc.).
Partner with analytics team to ensure proper tracking and communication of all programs.
Integrated Marketing Execution
Develops marketing brief with clear KPIs and conducts kick off for all new programs.
Engages agencies in RFP process and project manages the creative design and execution process to bring a program to market. Ensures consumer messaging is clear.
Is responsible for ensuring all key stakeholders of the program are aligned.
Is responsible for communicating programs to the market and corporate teams and ensuring all channels are leveraged (social, digital, sales, etc).
Reviews program performance in real time and modifies program as needed.
Area/ Hotel Support
Partners with Directors of Field Marketing and other area marketing leaders.
Provides strong guidance on positioning and pull through of brands.
Advises field marketing on effective marketing communications planning, implementation and evaluation.
Conducts destination marketing training and develops resources and materials for Directors of Sales and Marketing with a focus on marketing planning, branding, positioning, messaging and storytelling.
Deal with own development of the process for new hotel ramp up and hotel positioning and messaging development. Partners with area marketing leaders to execute where needed.
- Adaptability - Maintains performance level under pressure or when experiencing changes or challenges in the workplace.
- Communication - Conveys information and ideas to others in a convincing and engaging manner through a variety of methods.
- Problem Solving and Decision Making - Identifies and understands issues, problems, and opportunities; obtains and compares information from different sources to draw conclusions, develops and evaluates alternatives and solutions, solves problems, and chooses a course of action.
- Professional Demeanor - Exhibits behavioral styles that convey confidence and command respect from others; makes a good first impression and represents the company in alignment with its values.
- Building and Contributing to Teams - Participates as a member of a team to move toward the completion of common goals while fostering cohesion and collaboration among team members.
- Driving for Results - Sets high standards of performance for self and/or others; assumes responsibility for work objectives; initiates, focuses, and monitors the efforts of self and/or others toward the accomplishment goals; proactively takes action and goes beyond what is required.
- Planning and Organizing - Gathers information and resources required to set a plan of action for self and/or others; prioritizes and arranges work requirements to accomplish goals and ensure work is completed.
- Coworker Relationships - Interacts with others in a way that builds openness, trust, and confidence in the pursuit of organizational goals and lasting relationships.
- Customer Relationships - Develops and sustains relationships based on an understanding of customer/stakeholder needs and actions consistent with the company’s service standards.
- Global Mindset - Supports employees and business partners with diverse styles, abilities, motivations, and/or cultural perspectives; utilizes differences to drive innovation, engagement and enhance business results; and ensures employees are given the opportunity to contribute to their full potential.
Generating Talent and Organizational Capability
- Talent Management - Provides support and feedback to help individuals develop and strengthen skills and abilities needed to accomplish work objectives.
Learning and Applying Professional Expertise
- Applied Learning - Seeks and makes the most of learning opportunities to improve performance of self and/or others.
- Business Acumen - Understands and utilizes business information to manage everyday operations and generate innovative solutions to approach business and administrative challenges.
- Technical Acumen - Understands and utilizes professional skills and knowledge in a specific functional area to conduct and manage everyday business operations and generate innovative solutions to approach function-specific work challenges.
- Marketing-The ability to generate the strategy used in sales techniques, communications, and business development to positively impact customer relationships and business profitability
- Brand Management-The ability to generate marketing strategies that create brand recognition and differentiation and ultimately have a positive impact on customer relationships and business profitability.
- Communications and Media-Knowledge of media production, communication, and dissemination techniques and methods. This includes alternative ways to inform and entertain via written, oral, and visual media.
- Basic Competencies - Fundamental competencies required for accomplishing basic work activities.
- Basic Computer Skills - Uses basic computer hardware and software (e.g., personal computers, word processing software, Internet browsers, etc.).
- Mathematical Reasoning - Adds, subtracts, multiplies, or divides quickly, correctly, and in a way that allows one to solve work-related issues.
- Oral Comprehension - Listens to and understands information and ideas presented through spoken words and sentences.
- Reading Comprehension – Understands written sentences and paragraphs in work related documents.
- Writing - Communicates effectively in writing as appropriate for the needs of the audience.
- Job type
- Fulltime job
- Shanghai, China
- Sales & Marketing
- Starting in
- As soon as possible