Marriott International is the world’s largest hotel company, with more brands, more hotels and more opportunities for associates to grow and succeed. We believe a great career is a journey of discovery and exploration. So, we ask, where will your journey take you?
The Manager, Field Marketing, East China, Suzhou, Hangzhou and Luxury supports hotels in generating profitable revenue to increase RevPAR, market share, and brand awareness by fully leveraging marketing programs at the property and market level, and by ensuring that marketing efforts are effectively directed to the consumer. To assist the Director, Field Marketing, the Field Marketing team support each hotel’s Director of Sales and Marketing efforts to understand and apply consumer insights into hotel marketing plans and deliverables, confirm that marketing activities are aligned with the hotel’s business plan and need times, maximize efficiency of hotel marketing spend, and develop co-op campaigns. This position will be reporting to the Director, Field Marketing, to ensure that the vision is applied in Greater China, as well as to ensure that property programming is aligned with brand standards, brand voice and fully utilizes all available tools and resources. Key accountability areas include(1) developing and implementing market-based strategic plans based on local need-time and demand generation opportunities .driving cluster area initiatives (2) executing and ensuring pull through of regional marketing programs, suggest and deploy right channels and platforms 3) train up area marcoms;4) provide communications guidance to property team, including issue management and other media activities organization.
Education and Experience
College degree in hospitality management or marketing preferred.
Minimum of 4 years marketing experience demonstrating progressive career growth and a pattern of exceptional performance (hospitality industry preferred).
Experience in corporate marketing communications, advertising agency, e-marketing agency and internet marketing experience, including awareness of search engines and web optimization tactics.
Skills and Competencies
Proven track record of excelling in property marketing role
Excellent relationship management and negotiation skills; demonstrated ability to develop and maintain relationships with senior leaders (e.g. GMs, Sales and Revenue Leaders, Regional Team, media representatives) and external agencies.
Strong problem solving and decision making skills.
Able to effectively prioritize multiple tasks for multiple stakeholders.
Capable of listening and counseling stakeholders on best approach, including what non-value add efforts to drop.
Knowledge of leisure, group, and business transient hospitality business in defined market(s).
Knowledge of hotel sales and operations and associated challenges from the marketing perspective.
Knowledge of food and beverage marketing trends.
Knowledge of need time strategy as developed by Revenue Management.
Understands how to apply and leverage corporate marketing programs, platforms, and tools
CORE WORK ACTIVITIES
Implements market-based strategic plans based on local need-time and demand generation opportunities
Assist Director, Field Marketing to define marketing activities and guide local property marketing Working closely with an appointed agency to take full responsibility for the creation of a bi-annual newsletter. This involves the generation of internal articles, assisting with copywriting, proof checking and layout decisions.
Incorporates global brand marketing objectives into the hotel plans, when appropriate (i.e. brand voice, participation in any required global brand marketing activities).
Ensure that all details of the proposed programme are researched fully, well communicated and executed through an effective communications plan.
Partner with area digital service team to drive property presence/performance on fliggy storefront and actively participate in big marketing campaigns on fliggy.
Executes pull through of marketing programs, channels, platforms and initiatives
Executes integrated marketing campaigns (e.g. print, banner ads, email, hotel website), using best practices and in alignment with brand identity,partner with area digital counterpart for online initatives
Works closely with various partners:
Revenue Management – to develop relevant promotions and packages.
Appointed agency, which involves the generation of articles, assisting with copywriting, proof checking and layout decisions.
Ensures corporate, and/or regional marketing programs are pulled through at the property level
Building Successful Relationships
Develops constructive and cooperative working relationships with others, e.g. GMs, Sales Leaders and Managers & Revenue leaders, and maintains them over time.
Develops and manages internal key stakeholder relationships.
Informs and/or updates the executives, the peers and the subordinates on relevant information in a timely manner.
- Adaptability - Maintains performance level under pressure or when experiencing changes or challenges in the workplace.
- Communication - Conveys information and ideas to others in a convincing and engaging manner through a variety of methods.
- Problem Solving and Decision Making - Identifies and understands issues, problems, and opportunities; obtains and compares information from different sources to draw conclusions, develops and evaluates alternatives and solutions, solves problems, and chooses a course of action.
- Professional Demeanor - Exhibits behavioral styles that convey confidence and command respect from others; makes a good first impression and represents the company in alignment with its values.
- Building and Contributing to Teams - Participates as a member of a team to move toward the completion of common goals while fostering cohesion and collaboration among team members.
- Driving for Results - Sets high standards of performance for self and/or others; assumes responsibility for work objectives; initiates, focuses, and monitors the efforts of self and/or others toward the accomplishment goals; proactively takes action and goes beyond what is required.
- Planning and Organizing - Gathers information and resources required to set a plan of action for self and/or others; prioritizes and arranges work requirements to accomplish goals and ensure work is completed.
- Coworker Relationships - Interacts with others in a way that builds openness, trust, and confidence in the pursuit of organizational goals and lasting relationships.
- Customer Relationships - Develops and sustains relationships based on an understanding of customer/stakeholder needs and actions consistent with the company’s service standards.
- Global Mindset - Supports employees and business partners with diverse styles, abilities, motivations, and/or cultural perspectives; utilizes differences to drive innovation, engagement and enhance business results; and ensures employees are given the opportunity to contribute to their full potential.
Generating Talent and Organizational Capability
- Talent Management - Provides support and feedback to help individuals develop and strengthen skills and abilities needed to accomplish work objectives.
Learning and Applying Professional Expertise
- Applied Learning - Seeks and makes the most of learning opportunities to improve performance of self and/or others.
- Business Acumen - Understands and utilizes business information to manage everyday operations and generate innovative solutions to approach business and administrative challenges.
- Technical Acumen - Understands and utilizes professional skills and knowledge in a specific functional area to conduct and manage everyday business operations and generate innovative solutions to approach function-specific work challenges.
- Communications and Media - Knowledge of media production, communication, and dissemination techniques and methods. This includes alternative ways to inform and entertain via written, oral, and visual media.
- Creative Expression - The ability to generate novel ideas or strategies, and to communicate them with unusual, clever, or novel methods that captivate and influence others.
- Marketing - The ability to generate the strategy used in sales techniques, communications, and business development to positively impact customer relationships and business profitability
- Internet/Intranet/Extranet Design - Knowledge of web and digital fundamentals, including web and digital design principles and approaches, the impact of various technical design choices, and their impact on the user experience.
- Basic Competencies - Fundamental competencies required for accomplishing basic work activities.
- Basic Computer Skills - Uses basic computer hardware and software (e.g., personal computers, word processing software, Internet browsers, etc.).
- Mathematical Reasoning - Adds, subtracts, multiplies, or divides quickly, correctly, and in a way that allows one to solve work-related issues.
- Oral Comprehension - Listens to and understands information and ideas presented through spoken words and sentences.
- Reading Comprehension – Understands written sentences and paragraphs in work related documents.
- Writing - Communicates effectively in writing as appropriate for the needs of the audience.
Marriott International is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture. Marriott International does not discriminate on the basis of disability, veteran status or any other basis protected under federal, state or local laws.
- Job type
- Fulltime job
- Shanghai, China
- Sales & Marketing
- Starting in
- As soon as possible