Marriott International is the world’s largest hotel company, with more brands, more hotels and more opportunities for associates to grow and succeed. We believe a great career is a journey of discovery and exploration. So, we ask, where will your journey take you?
JOB SUMMARYMarriott International is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture. Marriott International does not discriminate on the basis of disability, veteran status or any other basis protected under federal, state or local laws.
The Senior Manager, Systems Deployment SW Integration Support plays a key role in RMSS initiatives and brand integration by participating in the systems and process development, sharing learnings/insights and identifying possible implications to the RMSS Leadership team. This resource has responsibility to assist the Directors, Senior Managers, Implementation Managers and Command Centers by being a Subject Matter Expert (SME) for all Revenue Management Systems and integration process. The Senior Manager collaborates with key stakeholders, including, but not limited to, Senior Directors of Revenue Management Systems Strategy, Directors and other discipline leads.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in a Business/Hospitality (Hospitality, finance, economics)
- Revenue Management Systems – User must be proficient in all aspect on our Revenue Management System processes including but not limited to One Yield (Revenue Planning, One Yield v2), HPP, etc.
CORE WORK ACTIVITIES
Managing Work, Projects, and Policies
- Provide lead analysis support to requests from Rev Mgmt, Systems Strategy leadership team members related to systems testing.
- Analyzes information and evaluates results and provide strategic direction and mitigating advice for solution.
- Prepares presentations as requested to communicate results of analysis completed and recommended actions.
- Represent RMSS team in various calls and meetings as requested by leadership.
- Manages the flow of questions and directs questions.
- Coordinates and implements work and projects as assigned.
- Complies with Federal and State laws applying to procedures.
- Works with team to put sustainable work processes and systems in place that support the execution of the strategy.
- Establishes and maintains complete and up-to-date information to ensure accurate reporting.
- Represents team in resolving situations.
- Maintains and manages inventory and service operations.
- Informs, updates, and provides information to supervisors, co-workers, and subordinates by telephone, in written form, e-mail, or in person in a timely manner.
- Attends and participates in all relevant meetings.
- Presents ideas, expectations and information in a concise, organized manner.
- Uses problem solving methodology for decision making and follow up.
- Maintains positive working relations with internal customers and department managers.
- Manages time effectively and conducts activities in an organized manner.
- Performs other reasonable duties as assigned by manager.
- Adaptability - Maintains performance level under pressure or when experiencing changes or challenges in the workplace.
- Communication - Conveys information and ideas to others in a convincing and engaging manner through a variety of methods.
- Problem Solving and Decision Making - Identifies and understands issues, problems, and opportunities; obtains and compares information from different sources to draw conclusions, develops and evaluates alternatives and solutions, solves problems, and chooses a course of action.
- Professional Demeanor - Exhibits behavioral styles that convey confidence and command respect from others; makes a good first impression and represents the company in alignment with its values.
- Building and Contributing to Teams - Participates as a member of a team to move toward the completion of common goals while fostering cohesion and collaboration among team members.
- Driving for Results - Sets high standards of performance for self and/or others; assumes responsibility for work objectives; initiates, focuses, and monitors the efforts of self and/or others toward the accomplishment goals; proactively takes action and goes beyond what is required.
- Planning and Organizing - Gathers information and resources required to set a plan of action for self and/or others; prioritizes and arranges work requirements to accomplish goals and ensure work is completed.
- Coworker Relationships - Interacts with others in a way that builds openness, trust, and confidence in the pursuit of organizational goals and lasting relationships.
- Customer Relationships - Develops and sustains relationships based on an understanding of customer/stakeholder needs and actions consistent with the company’s service standards.
- Global Mindset - Supports employees and business partners with diverse styles, abilities, motivations, and/or cultural perspectives; utilizes differences to drive innovation, engagement and enhance business results; and ensures employees are given the opportunity to contribute to their full potential.
Generating Talent and Organizational Capability
- Talent Management - Provides support and feedback to help individuals develop and strengthen skills and abilities needed to accomplish work objectives.
Learning and Applying Professional Expertise
- Applied Learning - Seeks and makes the most of learning opportunities to improve performance of self and/or others.
- Business Acumen - Understands and utilizes business information to manage everyday operations and generate innovative solutions to approach business and administrative challenges.
- Technical Acumen - Understands and utilizes professional skills and knowledge in a specific functional area to conduct and manage everyday business operations and generate innovative solutions to approach function-specific work challenges.
- Strong strategic planning and analytic skills
- Excellent project management skills, with ability to independently manage multiple projects
- Ability to communicate data specifications, deadlines and project requirements to suppliers clearly and concisely.
- Ability to interface with operations research and systems professionals in order to develop/refine decision support systems
- Ability to take large volumes of complex information and present it to Senior Management in a clear, concise and complete manner which facilitates executive decision making.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Basic Competencies - Fundamental competencies required for accomplishing basic work activities.
- Basic Computer Skills - Uses basic computer hardware and software (e.g., personal computers, word processing software, Internet browsers, etc.).
- Mathematical Reasoning - Adds, subtracts, multiplies, or divides quickly, correctly, and in a way that allows one to solve work-related issues.
- Oral Comprehension - Listens to and understands information and ideas presented through spoken words and sentences.
- Reading Comprehension – Understands written sentences and paragraphs in work related documents.
- Writing - Communicates effectively in writing as appropriate for the needs of the audience.
- Job type
- Fulltime job
- Shanghai, China
- Human Resources
- Starting in
- As soon as possible