The Associate Server Manager is responsible for designing, implementation and operating server and storage system to meet business requirement, goals and objectives encompassing a wide range of high availability and advanced redundancy solution that are in accordance with WDP&R Technology Strategy & Architecture standards and guidelines.
- Provide highly skilled technical assistance in server system planning, engineering, and architecture
- Provide implementation and technology reviews for the Server system team.
- Develop technical standards and documentation, identify and evaluate new products, and provides resolution for server system problems.
- Support Cisco full scale enterprise wireless solution by engineering and implementing standards as needed
- Identify and diagnose complex problems and factors affecting server system performance.
- Evaluate new technologies and platforms to determine whether their applicability aligns with the business’s needs.
- Evaluates and identifies opportunities for server system performance and functionality improvements.
- Proactively communicate the progress status, plan of action(s), and resolution(s) of issues.
- Ability to build and use a highly available, active-active computing, storage, and virtualized architecture platform that extends to the operational modes on public, private, and hybrid clouds
- Resolve detailed technical Server system operational issues and other server system connectivity issues that have been escalated to the server system team;
- Diagnose and resolve the server/storage/backup/virtualization/monitoring/security tools problem in a timely fashion, including being on call during non-office hour in case of server system emergency that may arise.
- Address Issue/problem timely with resolution to ensure 99.9% uptime of the server system;
- Handle server system related Change management and ensure all changes are under standard procedure and controlling;
- Work with NOC(network operation center) or other global function teams for server system global/regional policy, architecture, standard deployment.
- Participates in small to large scale, complex IT projects and applies structured engineering life cycles (Need assessment, design, and implementation) that meet business units overall objectives.
- Practice server system asset management, including maintenance of server system component inventory and related documentation and technical specifications information.
- Participate in managing all server system security solutions.
- Demonstrated experience in operation & implementation large complex IT project utilizing structured engineering/design life cycle (need daily operation, troubleshooting and implementation).
- Ability to professionally handle multiple tasks in a pressured environment and ability to prioritize projects and establish schedules for their timely completion.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, MIS, or related field.
- 8+ years’ experience managing virtualization operation and maintenance on multi-vendor hardware platforms such as HP Rack/Blade System, SAN switch, EMC (Data Domain, VNXe and Isilon) or HP (P9500 and 3Par), VMWare VSAN etc.
- 8+ year’s technical experience with Windows/Linux, VMWare, VDI, Data Backup about design, implementation and operation.
- MCSE/VCP/RCHA certificate or equivalent qualification certificate, other relevant IT Ops certificate is plus.
- Payment Card industry(PCI) work experience with ITIL and PMBOK foundational experience is desired and considered a plus.
- Bilingual of English and Mandarin is required and Shanghainese dialect is preferred.
- Familiar with AWS, MS Azure, Ali cloud and other cloud computing products and services, familiar with Docker and other virtualization technology, a large-scale cloud computing platform related experience is preferred;
- Advanced knowledge of storage technologies, such as SAN/NAS, as well as backup strategy
- Advanced knowledge of Windows/Linux operation system, virtualization and high availability.
- General knowledge of system management, monitoring/alerting/Log management automation, MS SCOM/SCCM, IBM Bigfix, ServiceNOW, Splunk etc.
- Proven experience with system planning, security principals and general software management best practices, as well as OS patching, antivirus operation.
- Proven analytical and problem-solving abilities; Strong understanding the organization goals and objectives
- Strong interpersonal, communication, presentation and documentation skills.
- Ability to work independently and manage multiple priorities and interruptions.
- Ability to work flexible hours as necessary to meet customer requirements.
- Job type
- Shanghai, China
- Starting in
- As soon as possible