Shanghai Disney Resort, the first Disney resort in mainland China, will be a place where friends and families can escape together to a whole new world of fantasy, imagination, creativity, and adventure. On opening day, the resort will be home to the Shanghai Disneyland theme park, two themed hotels – Shanghai Disneyland Hotel and Toy Story Hotel, Disneytown, a large shopping, dining and entertainment venue, a Broadway-style theatre, a Wishing Star Park and other outdoor recreation areas. Shanghai Disneyland will be a Magic Kingdom-style theme park featuring classic Disney storytelling and characters but with authentic cultural touches and themes tailored specifically for the people of China. As we create this magical destination, we’re looking for a variety of world-class professionals including front line Cast Members and an innovative development team to help our plans take shape.
- Responsible for the creative output of assigned projects or programs across all lines of business.
- Participates in the ideation, presentation and execution of their assignments, following through on all creative deliverables.
- Responsible for the quality, timeliness and effectiveness of their assignments, working closely with the Production Team to ensure that ﬁnal art is completed to manufacturing speciﬁcations for packaging.
- Collaborates with the Character Artists and Product Designers to create product designs.
- Partners with the Creative Director, Product Development, Planning and Sourcing teams to deﬁne graphics implementation strategy and quality.
- Partners with internal and external clients to ensure that character integrity, brand and creative standards are met.
- Provides expert input for department staff resources, including training, development and evaluation of staff, new hires and consultants as needed to support projects.
- Prepares final art, ready for vendor production when required.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent in Graphic Design
- A portfolio of professional design work that demonstrates skills and experience in the graphic design field
- 3+ years of experience in graphic design
- Conceptual skills with the ability to create situational compositions, backgrounds and props.
- Working knowledge of diverse design styles and techniques.
- Good presentation skills
- Organization skills
- Written and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to be flexible and detail-oriented
- Partnering skills and excels in a team dynamic
- Influencing abilities
- Strong computer skills including proficiency in Illustrator and PhotoShop as well as Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Proficiency in writing, reading and speaking Mandarin and English
- Job type
- Shanghai, China
- Starting in
- As soon as possible