Shanghai Disney Resort, the first Disney resort in Mainland China, will be a place where friends and family can escape together to a whole new world of fantasy, imagination, creativity and adventure. The resort will include a park designed in the rich tradition of Disneyland theme parks around the world with the uniqueness and beauty of China, two themed hotels, a large retail, dining and entertainment venue and an array of recreation facilities.
As we create this magical destination, we’re looking for a variety of world-class professionals including front line Cast Members and an innovative development team to help our plans take shape.
Groundskeeper will work as part of a team to perform routine gardening tasks including planting, pruning, watering, weeding, mowing and so on to maintain the plants and landscape over SHDR. May be required to work on third shift and station at work location during inclement weather and ride out through the storms or typhoons.
• Regular gardening and landscape maintenance works to maintain healthy and vigorous plants
• Must operate different models of power tools such as hedge shears, pole pruners, and pole saw, grass trimmer and push mowers
• Reinstall or replace dead or unwanted plants on designated planting areas
• Operate large machinery, such as elevated platform, driving vehicle and golf cart
• Know how and when to water the plant as needed
• Understand and comply with requirements for the safe performance of work
• Two years gardening or park maintenance experience
• Communicate with team members to coordinate work
• Knowledge of different plants and their maintenance requirements, such as water, prune, weed, fertilizer, etc
• Plant, water, weed, mulch, mow, clean-up, and any other task required to maintain impeccable gardens
• Available to work third-shift and/or working on weekend days
• Junior high school degree or above
• Driving license C
• Landscape Certificate
Your work location is Shanghai Disney Resort in Chuan Sha, Pudong New Area, Shanghai.You could take metro Line 11 to Shanghai Disney Resort in the future.
Shanghai Disney Resort wants to provide our Cast Members with benefits and resources that support them while at work and in their personal lives. Shanghai Disney Resort offers a comprehensive total rewards package that includes pay, health benefits, wellness resources, leave benefits, career opportunities and many special offerings and activities that only Shanghai Disney Resort can provide. Together these rewards make up a comprehensive package that helps our Cast Members live well, grow personally and professionally, and get rewarded for the results they deliver.
Shanghai Disney Resort offers Cast Member pay rates that reflect the roles and responsibilities of each job, annual bonus, allowance and premium based on the job functions and weekday or holiday mandatory overtime pay.
In addition to mandatory social benefits, Shanghai Disney Resort provides frontline Cast Members with company dormitory or living allowance, and a meal subsidy. Fully paid leave benefits which help our Cast balance their personal and professional lives is also offered because good health is their most important asset. We offer commercial medical insurance, risk and life insurance, medical check-ups and a series of health and wellness resources and programs to help Cast Members manage, maintain and protect their well-being.
Meanwhile, under Disney’s global benefit system, the Company provides a main entrance pass, which allows Cast Members to bring a specified number of family or friends with them to select Disney theme parks, complimentary tickets, merchandise discounts and other programs unique to Disney.
• Shanghai Disney Resort Cast Members might be scheduled to work shifts on nights, weekends and holidays.
• Shanghai Disney Resort offers time off programs so Cast Members can take time to refuel.
Application Process and Expected Onboarding Time
The application process includes the following steps:
1.Login to the Shanghai Disney Resort career portal to apply for a certain position (www.shdrcareers.com)
2.Complete the web-based interview
3.Conduct a phone interview with a Shanghai Disney Resort recruiter
4.If you fit the job requirements, we will invite you to attend an interview event
5.If you are selected for a position, your on-boarding will be in spring 2016
• We welcome disabled candidates to apply for our jobs.
• The primary language for this position is Chinese. English is not required for this position.
- Job type
- Shanghai, China
- Starting in
- As soon as possible
- Duration of the contract