The Merchandiser is responsible for leading a product category. Set the product vision for their category of business based on creative and financial input, along with market/trend research. The merchandiser owns picking the product that we sell in our retail locations. Products are bought from our global lines and designed in Shanghai with our creative team. Individual will collaborate with a multi-disciplined team of experts in developing strategic assortments that result in tangible memories for our Guest, surpassing their expectations. Help balance the overall assortment mix as it pertains to product details, demographic diversity, and a good/better/best strategy. We are looking for someone that LOVES product, a self-starter, good commercial sense, and is creative!
- Perform market analysis, competitive shop, and analyze historical sales trends to keep abreast of current consumer and fashion trends.
- Identify emerging trends and develop business strategies outlining strengths, missed opportunities, new opportunities and threats.
- Develop and implement a seasonal and core product mix that is balanced in regards to product details and demographic diversity, while encompassing a sound strategy.
- Collaborate with Creative Teams and Sourcing on the execution of identified merchandise strategies, ensuring that all creative meets the financial goals set forth by Category Planning.
- Collaborate with Category Planning to provide Sourcing with quantities, target costs and retails, delivery dates, and flow and exit strategies.
- Follow through on Product Tech Spec Packages from inception to completion, as applicable. Collaborate with Creative and Sourcing teams to value engineer items, as necessary.
- Review samples with Creative and Sourcing partners, communicating comments to vendors, as applicable.
- Ensure all contracts are in place, as applicable.
- Communicate the strategic assortment direction to key cross-functional partners (Category Planning, Design, Creative, Sourcing, Location Planning, Visual Display, Global Partners, Franchise & Brand Management, etc.)
- Provide Category Planning and Sourcing with final assortment plans and line lists with product details and target retails, while weighing the importance to the overall assortment
- Present seasonal product strategies in the form of Implementation Sessions and/or Product Expos to Location and Global Partners. Partner with Location Planning and Visual Presentation Teams on adjacency and presentation needs. Initiate IFP requests specific to category needs.
- Conduct location product knowledge sessions, as needed.
- Communicates updates to assortment to teams.
- Helps to maintain new development worksheets.
- Assists in preparing line review set-up.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in Buying, Merchandising and/or Product Development
- Excellent presentation skills
- Outstanding organization skills
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to be flexible and detail-oriented
- Exhibit strong partnering skills and excel in a team dynamic
- Proven experience leading a team
- Strong influencing abilities
- Strong computer skills including proficiency in Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Job type
- Shanghai, China
- Starting in
- As soon as possible
- Duration of the contract