The server Engineer initially supports from a technology perspective and collaborates with Business units, application system, IT security, Data Center facility, Network Services and end user Service team across all phases of the infrastructure lifecycle. This is a technical role that is responsible for server, VMware virtualization platform design, deployment, monitoring and maintenance, also support Storage, backup and associated system operation. Responsibilities
- Design and implementation of customized technical virtualization solutions for SHDR business applications in the Data Center or in the Cloud, which should meet business expectation, disaster recovery, data security and high availability demand
- Provide troubleshooting expertise for operating system performance tuning and other issues
- Provide system performance analysis, server capacity review and RCA (Root cause analysis)
- Strictly process backup and restoration management to secure the company data and compliance with audit requirement.
- Perform fixed assets management for server and its peripheral device
- Develop strong partnerships with internal customers
- Bring new ideas and methodologies to improve the department existing processes.
- Create run book, project document and other supporting configuration documentation.
- Provide consultation，knowledge transfer and training to Disney technical resources.
- Stay up to date on emerging technologies and products, including attaining certifications and participation in industry events as appropriate
- Provide technical reviews and reviews of both existing and potential manufacturers for their technical competency
- Other duties as may be assigned by direct or facility management.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or equivalent plus minimum 3 years of relevant professional work experience
- 3+ year’s technical experience with Windows/Linux, VMWare virtualization management.
- Familiar with X86 Server hardware failure diagnosis such as HP Rack/Blade System,
- Familiar with storage technologies, such as SAN/NAS/iSCSI, as well as backup product Commvault
- General knowledge of server management, monitoring/alerting/operation automation, Such as Vcenter, Microsoft system center etc.
- Proven experience with security principals and general software management best practices, as well as OS patching, antivirus operation， logging management
- Basis network knowledge (TCP/IP) and troubleshooting skill set.
- Ability to work independently and manage multiple priorities and interruptions
- Proven analytical and problem-solving abilities and Strong interpersonal, communication, documentation skills
- Proficient in spoken and written English
- Ability to work flexible hours as necessary to meet customer requirements.
- MSCE, ITIL, PMP certificate is a plus
- Experience in SQL Server and Oracle database is a plus
- Job type
- Fulltime job
- Shanghai, China
- Starting in
- As soon as possible