Marriott Hotels, Marriott International’s flagship brand with more than 500 global locations, is advancing the art of hosting so that our guests can travel brilliantly. As a host with Marriott Hotels, you will help keep this promise by delivering premium choices, sophisticated style, and well-crafted details. With your skills and imagination, together we will innovate and reinvent the future of travel.
Construction of the largest full-service Marriott-branded hotel in Shanghai, Shanghai Marriott Hotel City Centre opened its doors on 24 November, 2011. Located aside People's Square and Park on Xi Zang （Middle） Road, the Shanghai Marriott Hotel City Centre enjoys a premium downtown location. Nanjing Pedestrian Street is a 30 second stroll from the hotel's street entrance. The BUND, Suzhou Creek and the lively Xintiandi are all within easy walking distance.
The Director of Services has overall responsibility for the cleanliness of assigned areas of the
hotel; efficient operation of the housekeeping department; and, purchase, storage, inventory
and control of housekeeping-related items. Additionally, is responsible for associate morale,
guest focused hospitality, achieving budgetary goals and inter-departmental relations.
1. Ensure that assigned bedrooms, corridors, vending areas and other areas are properly cleaned daily. Inspect these areas daily and submit work orders to the engineering department.
2. Work closely with and gain a working knowledge of Front Office, Accounting and the necessary aspects of Food & Beverage and Engineering.
3. Ensure that the housekeeping manager and the housekeeping supervisors continually inspect their assigned areas and turn in their room inspections.
4. Ensure that all reports are prepared completely and on time.
5. Ensure that an effective and complete training program is in use and that all associates are well trained and re-trained, as needed.
6. Ensure that SOP and LSOP are available, current and in effect.
7. Ensure that the Guest Response Program under area of control is being followed
8. Ensure that the Hospitality Program is in effect and monitored daily through 15 minutes of Training.
9. Ensure that proper key controls are in effect.
10. Ensure that Purchasing Manuals are kept up-to-date and only approved items are purchased. Purchase Order Logs should be maintained.
11. Ensure that accurate inventories are taken: Guest/cleaning supplies and uniforms monthly; linen bi-monthly or as requested by DOR or Owner.
12. Ensure that all reports are prepared completely and on time.
13. Control overtime through good management and immediate response to problems.
14. Review operating statements and critique unusual overages and shortages. All
possible efforts must be made to meet budgeted goals.
15. Audit and approve schedules, wage projections and payroll.
16. Involve the Housekeeping Manager, Supervisors and MLR Attendants in as many administrative functions as possible to further develop them.
17. Ensure that all associates are hygienically clean and in clean, complete uniforms.
18. Review preventive maintenance rooms daily.
19. Provide up-to-date descriptions for all supervisors and associates.
20. Ensure that productive and effective monthly department meetings are held and
meeting minutes are published and directed.
21. Ensure that a process exists for an immediate response to all guest problems and guest correspondence.
22. Ensure that Lost and Found articles are stored properly and that the correct logs are maintained.
23. Always be professional and ethical in dealing with guests, associates, vendors and other departments.
24. Maintain division goals.
25. Develop and implement programs designed to improve the efficiency of the operation and which improve the service to our guests.
26. Carry out directives from Director of Rooms to the best ability
- Job type
- Fulltime job
- Shanghai, China
- Starting in
- As soon as possible