Marriott Hotels, Marriott International’s flagship brand with more than 500 global locations, is advancing the art of hosting so that our guests can travel brilliantly. As a host with Marriott Hotels, you will help keep this promise by delivering premium choices, sophisticated style, and well-crafted details. With your skills and imagination, together we will innovate and reinvent the future of travel.
Construction of the largest full-service Marriott-branded hotel in Shanghai, Shanghai Marriott Hotel City Centre opened its doors on 24 November, 2011. Located aside People's Square and Park on Xi Zang （Middle） Road, the Shanghai Marriott Hotel City Centre enjoys a premium downtown location. Nanjing Pedestrian Street is a 30 second stroll from the hotel's street entrance. The BUND, Suzhou Creek and the lively Xintiandi are all within easy walking distance.
MAJOR FUNCTION 主要功能 :
To control level of stock of food in house and what need to be ordered, receive perishable items according to standards, apply and follow F. I. F.O. and storage system as per guidelines.
控制食品的存货量及何种食品需要被订购，按照标准接收易腐物品, 贯彻并执行F. I. F.O.原则及贮藏制度。
MAJOR RESPONSIBILIES 責任概要 :
To provide consistent quality of food and services to internal and external customers, by adhering to and enforcing all Marriott Standards and Policies; training and guidance of trainees and attendants.
SPECIFIC DUTIES 工作任務 :
1. Supervises pastry preparation shift operations and ensures compliance with all Food & Beverage policies, standards and procedures.
2. Assists Executive Chef and Executive Sous Chef with kitchen operations as necessary.
3. Performs all duties of kitchen associates as required.
4. Recognizes superior quality products, presentations and flavor.
5. Maintains food preparation handling and correct storage standards.
6. Maintains purchasing, receiving and food storage standards.
7. Ensures compliance with all local, state and federal (Health Department) regulations.
8. Supports procedures for food & beverage portion and waste controls.
9. Calculates accurate theoretical and weighted food costs.
10. Follows proper handling and right temperature of all food products.
11. Knows and implements Marriott's 46 Points of Hygiene and Safety Standards.
12. Operates and maintains all department equipment and reports malfunctions.
13. Ensure all managers and associates follow all job safety regulations and all hazards are reported to Loss Prevention and Engineering.
14. Conduct a preventative maintenance inspection on a monthly basis.
15. To be responsible for asset management of all outlet property and facilities.
16. Follows proper handling and right temperature of all food products.
17. Knows and implements Marriott's 46 Points of Hygiene and Safety Standards.
18. Operates and maintains all department equipment and reports malfunctions.
19. Effectively investigates, reports and follows-up on associate accidents.
20. Ensure all managers and associates follow all job safety regulations and all hazards are reported to Loss Prevention and Engineering.
21. Conduct a preventative maintenance inspection on a monthly basis.
22. To be responsible for asset management of all outlet property and facilities.
23. Understands and maintains all standard recipes on ChefTec.
24. Purchases appropriate supplies and manage inventories according to budget.
25. Orders associate uniforms according to budget and ensures uniforms are properly inventoried and maintained.
26. Visit hotel competitors each month involving supervisors as well.
27. Actively involved in training the pastry associates on the fundamentals of pastry
28. techniques and excellent plate presentations.
29. Participates in training staff on menu items including ingredients, preparation methods and unique tastes.
30. Train all associates and prepare JSA for each one signed by individuals.
31. Trains associates in safety procedures and supervises their ability to follow loss prevention policies to prevent accidents and control costs.
32. To develop and implement Manager, Supervisor & Associate training plans on a quarterly basis in conjunction with HRD.
33. To implement and follow a departmental daily “15 Minute” training program.
34. Participates in training the Restaurant and Catering staff on menu items including ingredients, preparation methods and unique tastes.
35. Periodically plan outside Associates activity to promote teamwork.
36. Interacts with guests/customers, community, Company representatives, vendors and local education systems as needed.
37. Enforce the Marriott food preparation and presentation guidelines to ensure consistent quality culinary offerings to our guests.
38. Trains, coaches, and counsels associates in order to reach a satisfactory level of productivity.
39. Responds to guest inquires or concerns within 24 hours in what is deemed the appropriate manner.
40. Ensures the Hotel delivers to guests: “Simply Fresh Chef-crafted Food”.
41. Maintain F&B concepts and Mission standards concerning preparation & presentation.
42. Carry a monthly self-inspection and make sure the Culinary department is compliant with the Brand Standard Guidelines.
43. Practice “open door” policy at all times.
44. Promote positive inter-departmental relations through candid communication and cooperation.
JOB SPECIFICATION職位要求 :
Profile of Competency
· Strong organization skills excellent pastry skills;
· possesses the ability to perform all functions in the pastry operation
· Food and Beverage culinary management experience with demonstrated leadership
· Extensive knowledge of food handling and sanitation standards
· Strong organization skills and effective influence skills
· Strong associates relation skills and conflict management skills ,and also effective decision making skills
· Knowledge of movement regulations and safety standards
· Good communication skills (verbal and listening and writing)
· English required both listening and speaking
· Bachelor’s Degree preferred
· Culinary Education preferred
Job License 登记证
· Certification as required to comply with local and state code
- Job type
- Fulltime job
- Shanghai, China
- F&B other
- Starting in
- As soon as possible