MAJOR FUNCTION 主要功能：
1. Assist the Marriott Cafe Manager with his/her responsibilities for the room service area including the Service Apartment, ensuring a smooth running, profitable operation within the framework of the hotel.
2. Keep the Marriott Cafe Manager informed of all current information in room service.
3. Ensure optimum guest satisfaction at all times in keeping with policies.
4. Ensure adequate supplies of equipment and maintenance of par levels.
5. Ensure that billing and cashiering is carried out as per standard operating procedures.
6. Be responsible for guest check control.
7. Be responsible for control of floor master keys.
8. Ensure that fire, health, safety and hygiene standards are maintained.
1. Monitor appearance of room service staff. Guest contact: servers or attendants must maintain a sharp look-proper uniform clean, pressed; shoes shined; hair at correct length and clean; hands well-manicured.
2. Organize the setup of the breakfast and evening cocktails at the Executive Lounge.
3. Organize preparation of trays and trolleys for service.
4. Maintain and control all food and beverage par levels.
5. Be aware of special cashiering procedures, C-7’s, executive checks, etc. and ensure they are properly accounted for.
6. Be aware of all Marriott guest programs, discounts, etc. and ensure that billing is correct.
7. Check daily for special events and requests to see that orders go out properly and on time.
8. Institute, monitor, and maintain aggressive hospitality program for room service by:
9. Handle guest complaints and keep management and service personnel aware of guest satisfaction level.
10. Follow all POS procedures, to include training of all personnel, and be responsible for use of proper procedures on checkout, band handling, checks, voids, and tally cards.
11. Answer the telephone and take orders if needed. Run any order as needed to improve the speed of service and meet an objective of 45-minute orders.
12. Monitor associate side work schedule, daily cleaning, and heavy duty cleaning schedules.
13. Walk all floors at the end of the shift to inspect server’s clearing of floors.
14. Above all, lead by example through a “hands-on” approach to motivate associates to excel.
1.Conduct, on a daily basis, menu class, line-up and taste panel and record such on the appropriate forms, post and then maintain on file.
2. Have quizzes and daily raps with room service servers and order takers to assure job knowledge and consistency of quality. Make sure records are posted and memorized by entire room service staff.
3. Train order takers to effectively sell up through suggestive selling; set guidelines on how to up-sell; check back with parties in parlours and suites to replenish orders.
4. Supervise the training of new associates by adherence to the prescribed Marriott 90-day program and knowledge of food and beverage menus and service; at the end of an individual’s program, evaluate their performance with management.
5. Enforce staff discipline, coach and counsel, as necessary. Participate with management in all wage reviews.
6. Assist in conducting monthly associates meetings.
1. Prepare weekly schedules for shifts, assuring rotation of days off and in accordance with projected business, and submit for approval.
2. Maintain an employee attendance log and review such with management on a weekly basis.
3. Communicate daily with management all operational and personnel problems, complaints and comments and develop solutions to such.
4. Attend the following meetings, when necessary: BEO, staff and F & B.
5. Do wage progress reports weekly.
6. Compile breakdown reports for banquet functions.
7. Participate and encourage participation in the Marriott Quality Program.
8. Accurately record sales and tips.
9. Set up and maintain controls for care of equipment to minimize costs through breakage.
10. Supervisor inventory counts, as required.
11. Assist the Assistant In Room Dining Manager in check book accounting.
12. Honour all reasonable requests made by a manager, which may be outside your normal job activities to achieve complete guest satisfaction and service throughout the hotel.
1. Be aware of all Marriott Guest Incentive programs and the correct accounting procedures pertaining to them.
2.Assist in the development and execution of marketing plans for the outlet.
- Job type
- Shanghai, China
- F&B other
- Starting in
- As soon as possible