Marriott Hotels, Marriott International’s flagship brand with more than 500 global locations, is advancing the art of hosting so that our guests can travel brilliantly. As a host with Marriott Hotels, you will help keep this promise by delivering premium choices, sophisticated style, and well-crafted details. With your skills and imagination, together we will innovate and reinvent the future of travel.
Construction of the largest full-service Marriott-branded hotel in Shanghai, Shanghai Marriott Hotel City Centre opened its doors on 24 November, 2011. Located aside People's Square and Park on Xi Zang （Middle） Road, the Shanghai Marriott Hotel City Centre enjoys a premium downtown location. Nanjing Pedestrian Street is a 30 second stroll from the hotel's street entrance. The BUND, Suzhou Creek and the lively Xintiandi are all within easy walking distance.
MAJOR FUNCTION 主要功能:
Provide guests in the catering department with the highest standards of food and beverage service on all functions. All efforts are directed toward guest satisfaction, the achievement/maintenance of hotel standards and profit maximization.
MAJOR RESPONSIBILITIES 責任概要 :
1. Follow all Marriott policies and procedures.
2. Comply with the “clean as you go” policy.
依从 “所到之处均予清洁” 政策。
3. Report to work on scheduled days at the scheduled time.
4. Report to work in uniform following all appearance standards.
5. Work as a TEAM.
6. Follow all safety policies to ensure a safe work area.
7. Check out with your supervisor before leaving your station or the floor for any reason.
SPECIFIC DUTIES 工作任務:
1. Punch in and check for work assignment after reporting to work.
2. Complete any assigned work duties.
3. Attend pre-function briefing.
4. Be able to read a BEO and know how to complete a setup.
5. Set tables in your assigned area correctly and uniformly, using: clean, pressed linen (without rips, stains or tears); clean unspotted silverware, clean china with no chips or cracks; clean unspotted glassware. Table complements (salt and pepper, sugar, breadbaskets, etc.) should be clean and filled properly.
6. Assist captain or supervisor in setting up buffet and other special food services tables/stations.
1. Know the menu for each function served, and be able to knowledgeably explain the major ingredients and preparation methods for each item to be served.
2. Follow timing procedures for setting each course.
3. Greet and serve guests, following guidelines for aggressive hospitality and all other details of our policies and procedures regarding the service of food and beverage.
4. Acknowledge and respond to all guest requests, bringing them to the attention of captain or supervisor as appropriate.
5. Keep station neat and clean during service. Constantly patrol assigned station, exchanging ashtrays, refilling water and coffee, removing service items and condiments per established policies and procedures.
6. Know and use “suggestive selling” techniques when possible in selling a la carte wine, mixed drinks, after dinner cordials, coffees.
7. Follow all guest check and money-handling procedures when serving a la carte beverage orders.
8. Always notify the captain before leaving the floor or banquet service area.
1. Use proper in-room clearing and aisle tray breakdown procedures.
2. Return all re-usable table complements and condiments to be cleaned and refilled.
3. Return all food to the kitchen.
4. Retain all service equipment in the banquet area for cleaning and proper storage.
5. Complete any assigned side work, such as refilling condiments, sorting linen, hanging/storing drapes, cleaning/storing servicing equipment, etc.
6. Break down buffet or other special food service tables and equipment.
7. Clean and replace tray stands in proper storage area.
8. Return clean serving equipment to proper storage area
9. Help keep all banquet aisles and storage areas clean and organized.
10. Inform management of any lost or damaged equipment, linen, etc.
11. Check with captain or supervisor before leaving. Always check schedule for upcoming week.
12. Punch out.
1. Set up, serve and/or break down coffee breaks, receptions, and other special functions, as assigned.
2. Set up, tend, and break down banquet bars, as assigned.
3. Attend department meetings or training seminars.
JOB SPECIFICATION職位要求 :
Profile of Competency
l Minimum 6 months experience in F&B.
l Demonstrated good hospitality skills.
l Demonstrated excellent communication skill in Mandarin. English preferred.
l Minimum vocational school.
資格 / 等級証:
NOTICE 注意 :
The hotel business functions seven days a week, 24 hours a day. All associates must realize this fact and be aware that at all times it may be necessary to move associates from their accustomed shift as business demands. 同事須明瞭酒店是每周七天、每天二十四小时运转的行業。因應工作需要，上班的班次会随时相應调動。
Management reserves the right to make changes to this job description at its sole discretion and without advance notice. 管理層保留在没有提前通知的情况下对工作描述变更的权利。
I have read and received a copy of the above description and fully understand that violation of any of the stated responsibilities and duties is grounds for disciplinary action.
- Job type
- Fulltime job
- Shanghai, China
- F&B other
- Starting in
- As soon as possible