Marriott Hotels, Marriott International’s flagship brand with more than 500 global locations, is advancing the art of hosting so that our guests can travel brilliantly. As a host with Marriott Hotels, you will help keep this promise by delivering premium choices, sophisticated style, and well-crafted details. With your skills and imagination, together we will innovate and reinvent the future of travel.
Construction of the largest full-service Marriott-branded hotel in Shanghai, Shanghai Marriott Hotel City Centre opened its doors on 24 November, 2011. Located aside People's Square and Park on Xi Zang （Middle） Road, the Shanghai Marriott Hotel City Centre enjoys a premium downtown location. Nanjing Pedestrian Street is a 30 second stroll from the hotel's street entrance. The BUND, Suzhou Creek and the lively Xintiandi are all within easy walking distance.
MAJOR FUNCTION 主要功能 :
The team leader’s main function is to promote and ensure guest satisfaction, achieved through his/her ability to develop and maintain a strong team environment, placing emphasis on associate satisfaction and delivery of prompt, courteous service. The team leader is accountable for sales and profit in his/her area.
MAJOR RESPONSIBILITIES 責任概要 :
1. Assume responsibility of daily operations in assigned outlet to ensure a smooth running, profitable operation within the framework of the hotel.
2. Actively support the Quality Improvement Process.
3. Assist in working toward positive financial results.
4. Assist in ensuring that scheduling functions are performed accurately and on a timely basis.
5. Assist in maintaining a highly motivated and well-trained staff.
SPECIFIC DUTIES 工作任務 :
1. Open and close shift in accordance with the manager checklist.
2. Initiate aggressive guest interaction through seeking and soliciting feedback from guests.
3. Train, maintain and enforce all Marriott service standards in the outlet.
4. Enforce the Marriott standardized drink recipe and presentation guidelines to ensure consistent quality beverage to our guests in accordance with the Marriott Bar Guide.
5. Properly execute revenue and check control procedures on shift.
6. Handle daily associate relations (i.e. scheduling, time adjustments).
7. Maintain a safe & sanitary work environment for all associate & guests.
8. Gather and implement all proper tools for running shifts (i.e. schedules, floor plans, reservations, and checks).
9. Find solutions for problems such as call outs, last minute bookings, or any other daily problems that may arise.
10. Conduct taste panels and menu classes on a daily basis for restaurant.
11. Be on the floor during the shift and assist servers or hostess to ensure guests are satisfied.
12. Ensure that only a quality product is served.
13. Ensure all side work is done on a daily basis.
14. Maintain proper associate uniform standards.
15. Manage an effective repair and maintenance program through the use of work orders, inspections, etc.
16. Understand & teach empowerment principles to ensure guest satisfaction.
17. Exercise station rotation to ensure stations are distributed fairly.
18. Be aware of all Marriott Guest Incentive programs and the correct accounting procedures pertaining to them.
19. Above all, to lead by example through a “hands on” approach to motivate our associates to excel.
1. Implement an effective training program for new and current associates using use records, menus, and appropriate reference manuals.
2. Encourage problem solving by associates through proper training and empowerment.
3. Establish effective communication with associates to gain their trust and respect.
4. Maintain fair and consistent counselling and/or disciplinary procedures in accordance with Marriott’s Guarantee of Fair Treatment Policy.
1. Communicate directly and/or through the use of the logbook to next shift supervisor or manager.
2. Identify and recommend incentive programs, new ideas, and methods of operation.
3. Promote positive inter-department relations.
4. Perform any reasonable request made of management which is not life threatening or against the law.
JOB SPECIFICATION職位要求 :
Profile of Competency
l Minimum of two years of food service or related hospitality management experience.
l Demonstrated leadership qualities.
l Demonstrated strong work ethic.
l Demonstrated strong hospitality and communication skills. English proficiency is a plus.
l Minimum Vocational School
資格 / 等級証:
NOTICE 注意 :
The hotel business functions seven days a week, 24 hours a day. All associates must realize this fact and be aware that at all times it may be necessary to move associates from their accustomed shift as business demands. 同事須明瞭酒店是每周七天、每天二十四小时运转的行業。因應工作需要，上班的班次会随时相應调動。
Management reserves the right to make changes to this job description at its sole discretion and without advance notice. 管理層保留在没有提前通知的情况下对工作描述变更的权利。
I have read and received a copy of the above description and fully understand that violation of any of the stated responsibilities and duties is grounds for disciplinary action.
- Job type
- Fulltime job
- Shanghai, China
- F&B other
- Starting in
- As soon as possible